Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Take-Two confirms that WWE 2K19 is skipping the Switch.

Do ou think T2 is going to continue to support the Switch?

Yes, the platform is goin... 10 19.61%
 
Yes, but only for sport t... 12 23.53%
 
No, they won't bring anyt... 17 33.33%
 
No, they are completely d... 12 23.53%
 
Total:51

https://nintendoeverything.com/take-two-gives-an-official-statement-on-wwe-2k19-skipping-switch/

We’ve known for a while now that WWE 2K19 wouldn’t be coming to Switch, but an official statement has come out from Take-Two giving a little bit of reasoning behind this decision:

“The game will not be available on Nintendo Switch. 2K is focused on making the best possible experience for WWE 2K fans and will continue evaluating all opportunities to deliver the franchise across additional platforms.”

 

So what does this mean for T2's support on the Switch? WWE failed spectacularly due to their own fault (that performance was inexcusable), NBA did mediocre numbers and so did LA Noire. I'm still surprised they didn't even bother with GTA5. It was the only multiplat almost guaranteed to become a multimillion seller, and the same could've been said for the original Red Dead Redemption. Do they think the platform is not worth it, or do the porting costs outweight the potential sales?



You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said: 

So what does this mean for T2's support on the Switch? WWE failed spectacularly due to their own fault (that performance was inexcusable), NBA did mediocre numbers and so did LA Noire. I'm still surprised they didn't even bother with GTA5. It was the only multiplat almost guaranteed to become a multimillion seller, and the same could've been said for the original Red Dead Redemption. Do they think the platform is not worth it, or do the porting costs outweight the potential sales?

GTA5 was probably too costly, hence why the other projects like LA Noire were done first, to get a better idea of viability.

I think you are overreaching on RDR. I doubt that would have done enough to warrant the porting costs and time, especially when the sequel is never hitting the Switch. 



twintail said:
Darwinianevolution said: 

So what does this mean for T2's support on the Switch? WWE failed spectacularly due to their own fault (that performance was inexcusable), NBA did mediocre numbers and so did LA Noire. I'm still surprised they didn't even bother with GTA5. It was the only multiplat almost guaranteed to become a multimillion seller, and the same could've been said for the original Red Dead Redemption. Do they think the platform is not worth it, or do the porting costs outweight the potential sales?

GTA5 was probably too costly, hence why the other projects like LA Noire were done first, to get a better idea of viability.

I think you are overreaching on RDR. I doubt that would have done enough to warrant the porting costs and time, especially when the sequel is never hitting the Switch. 

Considering that many outlets predict that the sequel is going to become the best selling game of the year, plus having a ton of marketing on the game already, the original Red Dead would've sold more than a million on the Switch easily. Maybe when T2 decides to make the remaster for current consoles, though considering the PS5/NeXtBox are somewhat closer, they might wait for them, which would leave the Switch version in an akward position.



You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

L.A. noire sold poorly on every platform, according to VGChartz it sold better on Switch than Xbox One.

And NBA numbers are pretty cool, there was only 6 millions Switch sold when NBA 2K18 was released and sold about 400 000 which isn't that bad comparing to the 2 millions sold on Xbox One and 3 on PS4.



"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

WWE2K 18 was such a lazy port, nothing lost here



Nothing to see here, move along

Around the Network

Thanks to the Devs for making a honest and reasonable statement. No one wants their unoptimized crap on the Switch. If they are not going to put effort into their games, they may as well not even bother.



Well NBA 2K19 is coming, so I think only their sports titles. Their excuse for not bring WWE is laughable though. Basically is reads to me as...

"We made a shitty port and fans called us out for it and gave us backlash. Rather than take the time to properly develop the game for Switch, like Panic Button has done with more demanding games, we are just going to use the Switch being a weaker console as an excuse so we can pull out and put forth minimal effort to right our laziness (in this case, none)."

Unfortunately I feel like this is going to be a trend for most 3rd party devs outside of Japan. For those titles, we will only have what Panic Button or other Switch port devs (if any emerge) can give us. Talented as they are however, they can only work on so much at once. It is sad because day and date releases on Switch at a similar price point would yield them huge returns. They seem to be clueless how much late ports at a jacked up price (or in this case a shitty port) can hurt their sales and be the difference between the Switch being profitable for them, or losing money on said port.



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

WWE 2K18 is one of worst games and worst ports for Switch, so nothing loosed here,
on other hand NBA 2K19 is coming to Switch and NBA 2K18 was quite good game and port for Switch.



Darwinianevolution said:

https://nintendoeverything.com/take-two-gives-an-official-statement-on-wwe-2k19-skipping-switch/

We’ve known for a while now that WWE 2K19 wouldn’t be coming to Switch, but an official statement has come out from Take-Two giving a little bit of reasoning behind this decision:

“The game will not be available on Nintendo Switch. 2K is focused on making the best possible experience for WWE 2K fans and will continue evaluating all opportunities to deliver the franchise across additional platforms.”

 

So what does this mean for T2's support on the Switch? WWE failed spectacularly due to their own fault (that performance was inexcusable), NBA did mediocre numbers and so did LA Noire. I'm still surprised they didn't even bother with GTA5. It was the only multiplat almost guaranteed to become a multimillion seller, and the same could've been said for the original Red Dead Redemption. Do they think the platform is not worth it, or do the porting costs outweight the potential sales?

Why would you expect that the Switch is getting an exclusive current gen port of Red Dead Redemption?



Good. Fuck 'em. I bought the most expensive version of this turd at 1am on launch day and after the shitty treatment they gave to us Switch owners, they will NEVER get another penny from me.



mZuzek loves Starfox Adventures