Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RIP Xbox One S

Bought an Xbox One S. Brought it with me to Europe. 3 days in. It dies.

It would turn on but it won’t stay on longer than a few minutes before it would randomly turn off.

Gonna have to wait til the end of my trip to get this thing under warranty. That’s in 3 weeks. Sucks that I’ve travelled with my PS4 to about 5 countries with no problems, travelled with my Xbox once, it dies. T_T



Around the Network

Sounds like you're using a bad outlet. Did you try a different power outlet?



Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Get a decent gaming laptop, or home PC, that supports Windows 10. A bit more expensive, but extremely worth it. I got one, got rid of the Xbone S, and haven’t looked back.



0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Did you use the correct power cord? Europe has different output than the US. You can fry your electronics if you don't use the proper power cord.



Azuren said:
Sounds like you're using a bad outlet. Did you try a different power outlet?

Yup. Actually in a different hotel now. Same problem. :(



Around the Network
DialgaMarine said:
Get a decent gaming laptop, or home PC, that supports Windows 10. A bit more expensive, but extremely worth it. I got one, got rid of the Xbone S, and haven’t looked back.

I have all those. Alienware laptop (1070 GPU) and a decked out gaming PC. I just prefer a console to game.



Darc Requiem said:
Did you use the correct power cord? Europe has different output than the US. You can fry your electronics if you don't use the proper power cord.

Might be what happened. Used my wife’s adaptor worked for 2 days then suddenly it just stopped working.

Actually thought of buying a European Xbox to replace it so I won’t go nuts (gaming is the only way ai can unwind) but the damned thing is 280 eurors here (320 USD), so I said eff that lol.



DrDoomz said:
Azuren said:
Sounds like you're using a bad outlet. Did you try a different power outlet?

Yup. Actually in a different hotel now. Same problem. :(

Do you have a converter? Could be a voltage issue.



Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

The Xbox one S version I got uses a 110-240v autovolt range, it looks like. My chargers are all ok with the sockets. Do french sockets use a different wattage or something?

Not a big fan of Europe so far lol.



DrDoomz said:

The Xbox one S version I got uses a 110-240v autovolt range, it looks like. My chargers are all ok with the sockets. Do french sockets use a different wattage or something?

Not a big fan of Europe so far lol.

I don't know that much about European voltages, but the range on the Xbox should be fine. I might just be coincidence. Did you call Microsoft?



Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames