We Happy Few
After 2018 E3 presentation, it reignited my excitement for this little Indie game We Happy Few, it seems to have failed the Australian Classifications board. This game wont release in Australia because of its.. Drug use.
"AUSTRALIA’S Classification Board has decided no one in the country will ever be able to play this video game because of its nefarious themes."
(Other popular games that have been banned in Australia have been Left 4 Dead 2 mentioned below and Hatred on Steam.)
Left 4 Dead 2
Here are the reasons why L4D2 was banned
* The game contains violence that is high in impact and is therefore unsuitable for persons aged under 18 to play.
* It notes that this violence is "inflicted upon ‘the Infected' who are living humans infected with a rabies-like virus that causes them to act violently."
* The report singles out the use of melee weapons as those that "inflict the most damage" and cause "copious amounts of blood spray and splatter (sic), decapitations and limb dismemberment… or even cause intestines to spill from the wounds."
* In conclusion, the Board finds that the "interactive nature of the game increases the overall impact of the frequent and intense depictions of violence. This coupled with the graphic depictions of blood and gore combine to create a playing impact which is high."
* Interestingly, the report also reveals that it wasn't a unanimous decision and that "a minority of the Board is of the opinion that the violence is strong in playing impact and therefore warrants an MA15+ classification" instead. However, the majority voted to refuse classification.
If you are looking forward to playing violent video games in Australia, think again, the board tends to pick and choose what they consider too violent for adults over the age of 18.Last edited by Azzanation - on 19 June 2018