Forums - Gaming Discussion - How stupid is it that MS doesnt allow cross platform play with Steam on PC with games such as Ark?

Question is in the OP.

I was just thinking about the backlash Sony has been getting about Cross platform play. And it made me think how its even more silly that MS doesn't allow cross platform play against steam players.

For instance i own Ark on Steam, but i cant play against Xbox owners unless i re buy the windows store version.



Around the Network

Apparently there's also millions upon millions who own both PS4's and Switch's but for some reason there is no Mario on PS consoles. This is so anti consumer...

All gaming brands should be forced to assemble into one giant brand, run by the gamers, so everyone can have everything all the time, until that company goes bankrupt shortly afterwards and everyone ends up with nothing instead.



People are not angry that Sony blocks crossplay, they're angry that if they login their account on PS4 they can never use it again on other platforms without any kind of warning.



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

The people who think cross-play between platforms is super important are going to get very upset over this one. I'll watch and see what happens.



EricHiggin said:
Apparently there's also millions upon millions who own both PS4's and Switch's but for some reason there is no Mario on PS consoles. This is so anti consumer...

All gaming brands should be forced to assemble into one giant brand, run by the gamers, so everyone can have everything all the time, until that company goes bankrupt shortly afterwards and everyone ends up with nothing instead.

that idea with no disrespect. is beyond retarded

 

nobody would make money. the revenue will spread thin and big budget games will die 



Around the Network
EricHiggin said:
Apparently there's also millions upon millions who own both PS4's and Switch's but for some reason there is no Mario on PS consoles. This is so anti consumer...

All gaming brands should be forced to assemble into one giant brand, run by the gamers, so everyone can have everything all the time, until that company goes bankrupt shortly afterwards and everyone ends up with nothing instead.

Where talking about a multi platform game here that can already be Cross platformed played on Xbox and Windows 10 PC's as long as you own the Windows store version



John2290 said:

Same reason as Sony. K&M advantages as well as them being competition and possibilites of security risks and the obligation to keep the service gamers are paying for stable, safe and on an even keel. It's not stupid at all but what is stupid is MS subtley calling sony out for it, a dick move that I hope backfires on them.
As a console owner I buy into a closed system, its one of the many reasons I choose console over PC these days, no hassle, no hackers, no unfair advantages all tied by the same EULA as do many other gamers.
If you want to play on a certain platform then buy that platform.

Simple.

People can already use KB+M for this game since its already cross played on Xbox and Windows 10 PC's as long as you own the Windows store version



That really is weird...... how about mac users? Or does no one game on mac?



Pocky Lover Boy! 

John2290 said:

Same reason as Sony. K&M advantages as well as them being competition and possibilites of security risks and the obligation to keep the service gamers are paying for stable, safe and on an even keel. It's not stupid at all but what is stupid is MS subtley calling sony out for it, a dick move that I hope backfires on them.
As a console owner I buy into a closed system, its one of the many reasons I choose console over PC these days, no hassle, no hackers, no unfair advantages all tied by the same EULA as do many other gamers.
If you want to play on a certain platform then buy that platform.

Simple.

Honestly, I've only run into a so called hacker twice. Back during my days of playing Fall of Cybertron on the 360, I ran into cheaters far more times than I've run into on my PC, In fact , most games I've played online on PC have had an anti cheat method in place that auto bans them on the spot. 

I've many reasons why I chose to move to PC, but cheating wasn't one of them, as there are cheaters to be found on any playing field, any sport in this known world as well.

Also paying for "stable" services is rather crock, especially when those servers and online services experience multiple levels of downtime. With the money the Sony and MS online service has made, they shouldn't go down at all, and if they do it should be for 10 mins tops.



               

John2290 said:
MasterThief said:

that idea with no disrespect. is beyond retarded

 

nobody would make money. the revenue will spread thin and big budget games will die 

Pretty sure that was the point he was making, somewhat sarcastically.

correction. i am retarded