The PS4 has enjoyed massive commercial success and is host to lots of critically acclaimed games liked by gamers. So choose your favourites of the bunch. My favourites are as follows:
1. God of War: This is the gamed of the gen for me. Everything from the combat to the story, pacing and voice acting had me enthralled. I've been a fan of the series for a long time and was cautiously optimistic for the game before release, as I was expecting combat to be washed down and gameplay to get secondary treatment akin to Naughty Dog games. BOY was I wrong. Its moves and the playing around you can do is so good. The RPG elements from the previous games have recieved a big jump in complexity to offer a varied experience for different styles of play. This game has it all.
2. Dark Souls: Remastered: Dark Souls is the best game ever made but I played it before on PS3 so most of the experience was the same for me. It still had Artorias of the Abyss that I never played on PS3 and that is a pretty amazing DLC to the game. The boss fights in AOTA are the best in the game, the areas are good and it makes playthroughs on NG+'s more amazing. The coop is the best of any PS4 game and I love the Dark Souls community. Pretty amazing to play and look at 60fps and the new special effects are good.
3. Dark Souls 3: The Fire Fades Edition: Dark Souls 3 with all the DLC is a fantastic big game with design style that's reminiscent of the best bits of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 2 with some of the AMAZING Dark Souls 3 flare. Talking of Fire Fades Edition, it offers fantastic value, the best boss battles in a game on current gen consoles and the best mechanics in the series. It is good not because its hard but because its effective and immersive to the core and an amazing conclusion to an amazing trilogy.
4. Infamous: Second Son: Fun is underrated. Infamous: Second Son is fun. REALLY fun. The powers offer variety in combat and the platforming is so engaging from start to finish. Best thing is that it doesn't overstay its welcome and the runtime is fitting but it still offers sufficient content for the buck. Best gameplay in the series and the entire series has amazing gameplay so that makes it a must play for anyone looking for a game that wants you to have fun playing it and doesn't waste your time with nonsense activities.
5. Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition: A game that gives a real sense of amazement with its premise. The robot dinosaurs make it feel so different from its peers that its worth it for those machines. A remarkable sense of scale and fun combat mechanics make it fun but grounded. The story is decent. Its the map design that makes me play this game for so long. When I start playing every session lasts a long time because its such a fun map to explore. The DLC brings new content but its really an extension of the game, which is good because with all this content there still isn't enough of it and there wouldn't be till a sequel.