The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals Work x Work, a new RPG with retro-style graphics from FuRyu for Switch. It will launch on September 27 in Japan for 4,980 yen.
The game’s staff consists of:
- Director: Suzuka Yamamoto (FuRyu) – Known for The Caligula Effect
- Producer: Takuya Yamanaka (FuRyu) – Known for The Caligula Effect
- Development Director: Takahiro Yamane – Known for Kamaitachi no Yoru 2 (director)
- Scenario: Nobuyuki Inoue – Known for Mother 3 (director), Magical Vacation, Hanjuku Hero: Aa, Sekaiyo Hanjukunare…!
- Graphics: Nobuhiro Imagawa – Known for Mother 3, Fantasy Life, Knights & Dragons, Dokodemo Dragon
- Sound: Tsukasa Masuko – Known for Star Force, Shin Megami Tensei series, Bomb Jack, Magical Vacation, The Caligula Effect
Update 06/06/18 at 1:05 a.m.: Work x Work follows a prince with a mission to defeat the demon king and a hard-working young man working a part-time job who take on various dungeons with the unique visitors of the theme park “Heroes Land.”
The role of the player is to become the protagonist’s dog and guide the visitors of the theme park through its dungeons. Visitors, which consist of families, girls, and the like, will become your party members. Determine the timing of incoming enemy attacks and the points used for recovery medicine, and guide them to clear the dungeon.
By guiding visitors through the dungeon, you will receive “crowds” as salary, which can be used to buy weapons and items useful for work, as well as furniture to customize your room.
Here are a few tidbits from Famitsu’s interview with the developers:
- “It was originally being made for smartphones, but it moved to Switch and the scale of the game grew much bigger.”
- “With the excitement surrounding Switch and the cute atmosphere fitting of handheld mode, we decided on the Switch.”
- “I think this is the first time in this industry there is an okra-themed monster.”
- “The basis of the scenario is a game where you entertain various customers through dungeons.”