After all this time, we finally have our first bit of data on how REmake 2 is progressing. As the article notes, take this with a grain of salt (as with any rumors/leaks). However, according to a Rely on Horror source close to the game's development, this may be the most ambitious RE title yet with a potential E3 2018 reveal in the cards, and that's just the short version of it.
- Game will utilize RE7's RE engine. Photogrammetry scanning will be used, but said to be greatly improved upon from RE7, making for perhaps the most visually impressive Capcom game yet.
- Game will run at 30 FPS and 1080p on standard PS4s and 60 FPS and native 4K on PS4 Pro.
- Game will load at different resolutions every time you enter a room.
- Characters will be made to more closely resemble their original game counterparts despite using the RE engine (we all saw the confusion it caused with RE7's Chris).
- Will feature a TON of new content and areas from the original.
- Said to be inspired from RE4's OTS camera, but more "stylized". One interpretation is that it may be a combination of the original RE2's fixed cams while traversing Raccoon City and RE4-6's OTS while aiming.
- Devs who worked on RE2 and RE4 are said to have been brought in as outside contractors to work on the game.
- Will still be very horror-focused despite the RE4-influenced camera.
Keep in mind that this is coming from a source close to the project, so this is about as legitimate as it gets as far as leaks/rumors are concerned. From the sound of it, it feels like they're giving this the same level of care that they put into MHW, which means the sky's the limit for this game IF this is to be believed. You never know with Capcom, though.