Forums - General Discussion - Another Day In China

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/27/world/asia/china-attack-school-knife.html

 

"

Knife Attack at Chinese Middle School Leaves Nine Children Dead

 

BEIJING — A man wielding a knife killed nine children and injured 10 others outside a middle school in central China on Friday, the authorities said, in one of the worst attacks at a Chinese school in recent years.

 The episode took place shortly after 6 p.m., officials said, as students were being dismissed at the Mizhi County No. 3 Middle School in Shaanxi Province, about 500 miles southwest of Beijing.

 The police said they had taken into custody a suspect, a man with the surname Zhao, born in 1990. They said the man was a graduate of the middle school and that he had told the police he was seeking revenge because he was bullied during his time there.

 “He attacked students because he hated the students there,” said a statement by the Mizhi County police posted on Weibo, a popular microblogging site."

 

 

other knife attacks this year :

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-crime/woman-killed-12-injured-in-beijing-mall-knife-attack-idUSKBN1FV08E

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/two-killed-18-injured-in-china-knife-attack-1705215

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/article205125779.html

 

when do you guys wager that the chinese will use sensible knife control laws?

 

 

 

 



Around the Network

Dude stop. This thread is a disgrace.



Don't worry, there'll be sensible knife control laws once we have weekly knife based mass murders like we have for guns now..... Oh wait.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Don't worry, there'll be sensible knife control laws once we have weekly knife based mass murders like we have for guns now..... Oh wait.

You joke, but there are attempts at this in the UK



Maxosaurus-rex said:
vivster said:
Don't worry, there'll be sensible knife control laws once we have weekly knife based mass murders like we have for guns now..... Oh wait.

You joke, but there are attempts at this in the UK

If it really is a problem it's only sensible to have legislation for it.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Maxosaurus-rex said:

You joke, but there are attempts at this in the UK

If it really is a problem it's only sensible to have legislation for it.

Not really. There's a thing called over reach. 



Maxosaurus-rex said:
vivster said:

If it really is a problem it's only sensible to have legislation for it.

Not really. There's a thing called over reach. 

So stopping people from murdering each other is over reach? Gosh, I sure hope they get rid of those over reaching prisons and laws.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Maxosaurus-rex said:

Not really. There's a thing called over reach. 

So stopping people from murdering each other is over reach? Gosh, I sure hope they get rid of those over reaching prisons and laws.

There's already laws to prevent that.



Seems like you are the positive guy everywhere.Your boyfriend must luv u.



Call me when a knife attack leads to two 50+ mass murders in China like guns have in the US.