Forums - Movies Discussion - ThunderCats Roar (Yet another horrible cartoon reboot)

That looks like someone taking the piss rather than creating a reboot.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Around the Network
Sunstrider said:

If you're talking about the animated series, I haven't watched those, but I just might watch the 2011 Thundercats, I'm liking the art style.

I hope you enjoy it, plus it's got a pretty mature and serious story, atleast it'll give you something thundercats related that isn't this nasty new reboot. 



I will give it a chance because honestly Teen Titans Go isn't that bad. So sad that shows like the Thundrcats Reboot and Young Justice relied on toy sales, but at least Young Justice is coming back.



Other than the slick intro sequence, I don't have any fond memories of Thundercats. Yet this is just embarrassing to look at.



arcaneguyver said:
Other than the slick intro sequence, I don't have any fond memories of Thundercats. Yet this is just embarrassing to look at.

Do you not enjoy thunder and or cats?



Around the Network
RespectDecena said:
arcaneguyver said:
Other than the slick intro sequence, I don't have any fond memories of Thundercats. Yet this is just embarrassing to look at.

Do you not enjoy thunder and or cats?

Even as a little kid I wasn't a huge fan of the animation in many 80s staples. Thundercats was probably the coolest of the time - Mum-ra was a creepy villain - but it never kept my attention long. Snarf was also a negative factor.



I never could get into the original back in the day. I definitely won't be bothering with this.



I think its perfectly fine. My kid doesn't give a shit about an animation that came out such a long time ago and this is for him.



Maxosaurus-rex said:
I think its perfectly fine. My kid doesn't give a shit about an animation that came out such a long time ago and this is for him.

2011 Reboot ?  It's just been 7 years ...



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
Maxosaurus-rex said:
I think its perfectly fine. My kid doesn't give a shit about an animation that came out such a long time ago and this is for him.

2011 Reboot ?  It's just been 7 years ...

He's 7. So it's been a lifetime for him in that regard. But most people here care about the one from before I was even born