My other E3 Most Anticipated Announcement threads
Welcome to the final part my of my series of most wanted E3 announcement threads.
I am trying to keep my expectations for Nintendo's E3 somewhat low since they said this E3 is mainly focused on 2018 releases.
1. Pokemon Switch. Status- Likely. Officially, Nintendo says Pokemon Switch will release in 2018 or later, which basically means they are aiming for 2018 but it might be delayed till early 2019. Given it is probably the biggest game they have releasing between now and next E3, it would make sense to show it this E3. Recent leaks suggest an announce before E3 however, but even if it is announced before E3 I'm sure it will at least get some gameplay on the Treehouse. I am hoping that the game is ambitious with new features like voice acting for main characters (rival, professor, gym leaders, Elite Four, villain team leader), a bigger more open world, visible Pokemon on the overworld replacing random encounters, and graphics that are closer to Pokken than Sun and Moon, but I have a feeling it is going to basically feel like Gen 7 in HD, due to the rumors that Nintendo only gave Gamefreak 1.5-2 years to make this game and Gamefreak's lack of HD development experience.
2. Fire Emblem Switch. Status- Very likely. Officially, Nintendo still says Fire Emblem is releasing in 2018, so we should see an announce at E3. I am hoping it is a new game rather than a remake, with a sizeable leap in graphical and animation quality in the 3D battle scenes, as well as the tactical map making the switch from 2D sprites to higher quality 2.5D graphics.
3. Tokyo Mirage Session # FE port on Switch. Status- Possible. While I've heard no rumors that this is planned, I think it would make sense to port it to Switch.
4. Fatal Frame 5 port or Fatal Frame 6. Status- Possible. While I've heard no rumors that a Fatal Frame 5 port or Fatal Frame 6 are in the works, I feel like it would make sense to do one or the other. Fatal Frame 5 sales were supposedly on par with most of the other games in the series, so I see no reason why the series wouldn't continue. As of September, 4 years will have passed since Fatal Frame 5 released in Japan, plenty of time to develop a sequel.
5. New mature IP from Retro Studios. Status- Unlikely. Given the recent rumors that the mature new IP Retro had been working on since 2014 has had a rocky development, and the rumors that they are working on that Star Fox Racing game, I'm not expecting to see this at E3 if at all.
6. Replacement for Virtual Console announced. Status- Possible. Some recent rumors and leaks indicate that Nintendo will announce replacement for Vritual Console at E3, with releases of older games at more reasonable prices the the prices for Virtual Console games were.Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 16 May 2018