My other E3 Most Anticipated Announcement threads
Welcome to the first of a planned series of these most wanted E3 announcement threads. I'm planning to do one a day, in chronological order of the press conferences (EA > MS > Bethesda > Square > Ubisoft > Sony > Nintendo).
Out of the press conferences, EA is the one I'm least excited about. But, there are still a few games that I'm hoping to see there.
1. Star Wars: KOTOR 3. Status: Highly unlikely, Bioware is busy with Anthem and Dragon Age 4, so unless EA got another studio like Obsidian to make, it, no way it's happening this year.
2. KOTOR 1 and 2 HD. Status: Unlikely. I'd love to see them at least remaster KOTOR 1 and 2 in HD with achievements/trophies, but EA doesn't seem too bothered about remasters unlike other publishers this generation.
3. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 3. Status: Highly likely, Garden Warfare 3 was accidentally leaked by an art book listing on Amazon. I loved the first 2 so I'm excited for the 3rd.
4. Mass Effect HD Trilogy. Status: Unlikely. I'd love to see them remaster the first 3 Mass Effect games since the Andromeda trilogy was a flop, but EA has spoken in the past saying that they don't like remasters.
5. Respawn action Star Wars game. Status: Possible, the game has seemingly been in development since June 2014, and EA has announced that it will release next fiscal year (April 2019-March 2020). Recently, a team from Respawn visited DICE in Sweeden, and it was speculated that they went there to work with DICE to build a trailer for E3.
6. Peggle 3. Status- Unlikely. About a year ago EA announced layoffs and restructuring at Popcap, saying that they would focus on core series like Plants vs Zombies and Bejeweled moving forward.
7. Dead Space 4. Status: Highly unlikely, A has shutdown Visceral now, and though they could have another studio develop it, it was rumored that EA considered Dead Space 3 to be a flop.
8. Star Wars Battlefront 2, Season 2 DLC. Status- Likely. The first half of season 2 is releasing next week, but the 2nd half, themed around the Solo movie, is due for release in June. If release is scheduled for after EA Play, then they will probably reveal the Solo movie DLC at EA PLay. If not, hopefully they will give us a sneak peek of season 3, which is expected to be a Clone Wars season in August.
9. Dragon Age 4. Status: Unlikely. Though Dragon Age 4 has been in development since Inquisition released, the majority of Bioware is on Anthem and EA will most likely wait until Anthem has released to announce Dragon Age 4 officially.Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 16 May 2018