Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros. Character Reworks?

Thought about it after seeing this video from Hidden Chest:

He's got nice ideas about how some character movesets could be reworked for Smash 5, like Link having more Breath of The Wild-inspired moves and Wario playing more like he did in the Wario Land games, but I'm not too crazy on Luigi having a balloon pack for a recovery move, because that would most likely be his up special, thus replacing his Super Jump Punch which has become a very effective move for him.

What are some characters you'd like to see reworked for Smash 5, and how? :)



Around the Network

Ganondorf is more than overdue for a reworked move set. He has an evil sword and he doesn't use it? Blasphemy! What an insult to the king of Evil has to be a clone of a race car driver. Also, buff the puff.



Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems!

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Zelda has needed help since inception and she's only gotten worse with each successive title. That shouldn't even be possible.

Honestly though, I've played a lot of Smash and feel all the characters need tweaking. I understand some things are set - you don't go changing a characters normals randomly. But some moves are just uninteresting and/or basically useless(Mario's forward tilt/down tilt anyone?). Very few characters feel like they have genuine kits and feel more like "use these 3 moves cause they're busted."



"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Fix the clones. They’re especially frustrating when they’re characters with no nostalgia nor purpose (like Lucina). I genuinely felt like some of the fat on the roster of 4 is what contributed to it being my least favorite in the series so far.



Ulternia said:
Fix the clones. They’re especially frustrating when they’re characters with no nostalgia nor purpose (like Lucina). I genuinely felt like some of the fat on the roster of 4 is what contributed to it being my least favorite in the series so far.

I agree. I honestly preferred Brawl over this one. I don't play this game competitively so I could care less if the mechanics favored melee more but the clones need to go.



Around the Network

I think it would be great if BotW Link is a separate character, so we can have 3 Links.



Would be great if they changed a bit of the moveset for Kirby and DDD (Especially their Ultimate's).

Actually, I would want them to give better skin to the roster than just plain color swap,plz.



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

killeryoshis said:
Ganondorf is more than overdue for a reworked move set. He has an evil sword and he doesn't use it? Blasphemy! What an insult to the king of Evil has to be a clone of a race car driver. Also, buff the puff.

I know, it's so pointless to leave the sword out when it's so crucial to his character! That's like if they removed Mario's hat and overalls.

Ulternia said:
Fix the clones. They’re especially frustrating when they’re characters with no nostalgia nor purpose (like Lucina). I genuinely felt like some of the fat on the roster of 4 is what contributed to it being my least favorite in the series so far.

Yes, ESPECIALLY Lucina. Ike and Robin at least were different enough in their own right, but Lucina is just female Marth with slightly adjusted stats.

Mar1217 said:
Would be great if they changed a bit of the moveset for Kirby and DDD (Especially their Ultimate's).

Actually, I would want them to give better skin to the roster than just plain color swap,plz.

You mean like more alternate costumes (EX: WarioWare Wario to Classic Wario or Olimar to Alph)?



twintail said:
I think it would be great if BotW Link is a separate character, so we can have 3 Links.

Of course. Link, Champion Link and Wolf Link would be awesome.

No, no one cares about Toon Link.



mZuzek said:
twintail said:
I think it would be great if BotW Link is a separate character, so we can have 3 Links.

Of course. Link, Champion Link and Wolf Link would be awesome.

No, no one cares about Toon Link.

Let me guess, more about "Wind Waker's art style is teh kiddeh and teh gays!!"?

If that game was so kid friendly, then what about this?