Forums - Microsoft Discussion - State of Decay 2 - coming to Steam as well?

Do you think this is true?

yes. 7 77.78%
 
no. 1 11.11%
 
see results 1 11.11%
 
Total:9

https://www.resetera.com/threads/state-of-decay-2-on-steam-screenshot-proof.36368/

From ChairmanChuck

Seems State of Decay 2 might be coming to Steam and not just the Windows Store.
The PAX East Demo seems to "imply" that it connects to Steam servers:

https://i.redd.it/9w9sd1rlclr01.png

*in case picture is removed by host, it features State of decay 2 - played at Pax and shows a "login failed" alert, that says "unable to connect to steam, Make sure steam is running, your logged in... bla bla bla".



Around the Network

Apparently the first game is on steam too..... it would make sense?



JRPGfan said:
Apparently the first game is on steam too..... it would make sense?

Yeah I always expected it. I also think ORI 2 will be on steam.

I'd love to see some numbers comparing steam sales to windows 10.

Someone in that thread said something along the lines of it is better to sale on steam and lose 30% to royalties, than it is on windows 10 and lose 0%.

That is a pretty convincing photo though.



  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)

Hope so. I'm interested in the game but won't be using the windows store. Of course it might still be exclusive to windows 10 which would suck, but if it's on Steam and is compatible with Windows 7 I'll more than likely get it.



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Bandorr said:
JRPGfan said:
Apparently the first game is on steam too..... it would make sense?

Yeah I always expected it. I also think ORI 2 will be on steam.

I'd love to see some numbers comparing steam sales to windows 10.

Someone in that thread said something along the lines of it is better to sale on steam and lose 30% to royalties, than it is on windows 10 and lose 0%.

That is a pretty convincing photo though.

Oh yeah... if its a choice between steam and windows store, I bet like 90% would take the steam version isntead.
Its just odd to me.
Xbox Needs all the exclusives it can get if they want to sell the hardware.... this comeing to steam isnt gonna help it.



Around the Network

I am not sure it is news, it was always expected like Ori no? People would just hate MS if they made this one a Windows store exclusive.






Microsoft is probably just borrowing a server from Valve.
No big deal.



JRPGfan said:
Bandorr said:

Yeah I always expected it. I also think ORI 2 will be on steam.

I'd love to see some numbers comparing steam sales to windows 10.

Someone in that thread said something along the lines of it is better to sale on steam and lose 30% to royalties, than it is on windows 10 and lose 0%.

That is a pretty convincing photo though.

Oh yeah... if its a choice between steam and windows store, I bet like 90% would take the steam version isntead.
Its just odd to me.
Xbox Needs all the exclusives it can get if they want to sell the hardware.... this comeing to steam isnt gonna help it.

lol, whut? Was there an army of people with gaming PCs who were gonna buy an Xbone just to play this? 

I’m glad this is on Steam. UL has big plans for this franchise and being stuck on the shitty Windows Store wont help.



caffeinade said:
Microsoft is probably just borrowing a server from Valve.
No big deal.

Valve loans out their servers for games not on Steam?



VGPolyglot said:
caffeinade said:
Microsoft is probably just borrowing a server from Valve.
No big deal.

Valve loans out their servers for games not on Steam?

Valve does a lot of odd things.
It wouldn't surprise me a whole lot if they did.