After a barrage of high quality first IP from SONY this generation, it seems Sony have no indication to slow down or stop at all from making more and more IP to their PlayStation Fans. A job list appear on job list site. The job list mention they are going to build new studio
"Sony PlayStation is building a new game development team in partnership with the Visual Arts Service Group (VASG), an award-winning, full-production studio that specializes in Animation, Motion Capture, Cinematics, Art and Scanning. This is the same world-class team known for its contributions to beloved franchises like Uncharted, Death Stranding, God of War and more. For more than a decade, we have shared knowledge, support and cutting-edge techniques with the very best developers in the industry: Naughty Dog, Kojima Productions, Guerrilla Games, Santa Monica Studios, Sucker Punch Productions, Bend Studio, Japan Studio, Insomniac Games and more."
Their planed to make a new studio on San Diego,CA
"Are you an experienced game developer with a penchant for high quality, 3rd person, Action/Adventure games? Do you enjoy PlayStation’s library of games and their top-tier studios? Have you always known how beautiful San Diego is, but never found an opportunity to live there?
Then this is the opportunity for you!"
They are planing to make new game by colaborating with other studio as well, probably a colaboration studio or a new studio lead by the old veteran in gaming Industry
"This high visibility project is being developed in collaboration with a major Sony development studio."
The responsibilities for now it's likely to be animator
- Animate and integrate Player and NPC Animations Sets
- Work with Technical Artists building Animation State Trees
- Guide other animators in learning more technical aspects of setups to implement animations in game
- Work with Designers to implement a pipeline for interactive gameplay moments using unique & shared animations
- Guide Cinematics animation direction along with Principal Artist/Art Directors
- Collaborate across disciplines to get work done and clear dependencies
- Work directly with artists, programmers, animators and other game designers to contribute to the vision of the game
- Additional responsibilities will be assigned as needed
- Technical proficiency, setting up and adding to Animation Trees
- Experience implementing and fine tuning melee & ranged combat systems for console
- Experience with creating and polishing Player & NPC animations
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Ability to focus and work without micro-management while adhering to schedules
- Preferred: 5+ years of systems design experience in either single or multiplayer 3D action games