Forums - Gaming Discussion - Red Dead Redemption is Native 4K on Xbox One X, looks stunning!

Game looks stunning. Best reason to own a XBONE X.

 



Around the Network

Are those the original textures? Because if so, Rockstar North deserves an extra round of applause for how good their work held up with the resolution bump. If not, they can get some applause for going to the trouble of adding a 4K texture pack, lol



Wish they did a remaster of this game ... (far more deserving of it than L.A. Noire IMO) 



fatslob-:O said:

Wish they did a remaster of this game ... (far more deserving of it than L.A. Noire IMO) 

yea it sucks because i don't have a xbone x, and playing this in 4K would be awesome.



quickrick said:

yea it sucks because i don't have a xbone x, and playing this in 4K would be awesome.

You know what ?

Fuck all the noise about BC (it's just another means to end) or whatever, we all just want access to old content or have it enhanced and that's it! 

Remasters/Remasters/Ports/Reimagining or do whatever the hell needs to be done cause I'm alright with rebuying content in another format if it menas a better experience in the end ...

Last edited by fatslob-:O - on 11 April 2018

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
quickrick said:

yea it sucks because i don't have a xbone x, and playing this in 4K would be awesome.

You know what ?

Fuck all the noise about BC (it's just another means to end) or whatever, we all just want access to old content or have it enhanced and that's it! 

Remasters/Remasters/Ports/Reimagining or do whatever the hell needs to be done cause I'm alright with rebuying content in another format if it menas a better experience in the end ...

Yea but RDR is code is a mess from what i hear, so that's why there is no remaster.



quickrick said:

Yea but RDR is code is a mess from what i hear, so that's why there is no remaster.

Meh, they should just chug it through the new systems. They'll be fine dealing with it's spaghetti code ... 



Man, that looks beautiful. I still wish this would come to PC but alas, it doesn't seem like it's happening.



Medisti said:
Are those the original textures? Because if so, Rockstar North deserves an extra round of applause for how good their work held up with the resolution bump. If not, they can get some applause for going to the trouble of adding a 4K texture pack, lol

all original textures, yes. All Microsoft (yes, this is done by the Xbox backwards compatibility team, not rockstar) has done is increase the resolution and apply 16x anisotropic filtering (dont ask me what that means lol, I'm not really a tech guy).

And I think you mean Rockstar San Diego, not North. Anyways, I agree, this holds up quite well.



Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Tempted to play RDR for the first time xD