Forums - General Discussion - Disney will buy fox for 52.4B if US court lets it through (they probably will)

this is old news. but I just heard that it was confirmed myself. for me this is really bad

Disney already in my opinion owns a very large chunk of popular property in entertainment, obviously you have the unrivaled animation (Pixar and Disney's own backlog) and you have Marvel Cinematic Universe in which very quickly has become just as big as every other superhero-comic based entertainment combined (X-men and DCU) probably bigger

 

with the deal they will own x-men and pretty much the third biggest collection of entertainment property behind time warner or NBC universal

 

I don't like this from two different points. the first one , I really don't want everything to be made into a family friendly extendable franchise. am ok with it being on MCU, I don't watch star wars so I don't care about that but I know they do it there. 

I don't want to see X-men become as mild as MCU because thats awful to even think about. or any of the property else they are getting. we're talking TMNT and 300 tv channels

 

the other point which is bigger is the fact that they will own like 50% or not more of all of the popular media out there. many tv channels, most movie channels, most cartoon channels and most IPs. they will compete with themselves. this is just not good for anyone but themselves. basically a monopoly (just because there is other competition doesn't mean its ok to become vastly massive compared to them, again just because they exist).

 

 

what do you think?



Around the Network

You can already see this happening with Star Wars, so it wouldn't be a surprise if it bled into X-Men as well.

The more control a mega corporation has over media, or anything really, the more likely it will be watered down to appeal to a grander audience, leading to higher profits overall.

Personally, I would be much more worried about Bayer buying Monsanto for 60B just recently. A monopoly in terms of media is one thing, but when it comes to food/agriculture, that's something to really be concerned about.

Purchases of this magnitude are not done for the people, they are done for the bottom line. Part of the reason these huge buyouts or mergers are happening as of late, is actually due to the stock market. It was out of control for years before Trump got into office. Now it's operating much more smoothly, and only gaining little by little, like it's supposed to. Since these mega corps can't grow their stocks near as much because of this, their next best choice is acquisition, especially if it's the competition.



EricHiggin said:
You can already see this happening with Star Wars, so it wouldn't be a surprise if it bled into X-Men as well.

The more control a mega corporation has over media, or anything really, the more likely it will be watered down to appeal to a grander audience, leading to higher profits overall.

Personally, I would be much more worried about Bayer buying Monsanto for 60B just recently. A monopoly in terms of media is one thing, but when it comes to food/agriculture, that's something to really be concerned about.

Purchases of this magnitude are not done for the people, they are done for the bottom line. Part of the reason these huge buyouts or mergers are happening as of late, is actually due to the stock market. It was out of control for years before Trump got into office. Now it's operating much more smoothly, and only gaining little by little, like it's supposed to. Since these mega corps can't grow their stocks near as much because of this, their next best choice is acquisition, especially if it's the competition.

Bayer is the company that produced Zyklon B to kill the jews. lol

 

I really hate that company 

 

yes I get your point, these kind of decisions are basically "i want to sell my stock while its worth a lot instead of waiting for slow dividends" it will only benefit the share holders and the higher ups

 

this will 100% not be good for employees. as companies mege, less employees are needed because some parts will completely combine like HR and what not 

 

CBS is also going to acquire Viacom. big snake eat small snake is the name of the game 

Last edited by MasterThief - on 10 April 2018

MasterThief said:

Bayer is the company that produced Zyklon B to kill the jews. lol

I really hate that company 

yes I get your point, these kind of decisions are basically "i want to sell my stock while its worth a lot instead of waiting for slow dividends" it will only benefit the share holders and the higher ups

this will 100% not be good for employees. as companies mege, less employees are needed because some parts will completely combine like HR and what not 

CBS is also going to acquire Viacom. big snake eat small snake is the name of the game 

Ironic that Trump and Kushner are doing so much for Israel, and so a massive German company like Bayer buys a massive American one to control food?

If these corporations continually grow like they are, and have been, eventually it'll mean the people will lose even more of their "rights" without technically losing their "rights", due to market manipulated force, or the system will have to be changed by the people, the hard way. Really really hard by then.

It's sad but true. Everyone wants an easier system for everyone, and the "easier" it gets, the more we want to feed that system, but the problem is that the system has been seized by individuals who simply want to grow it into oblivion, which means more and more work, instead of actually making people's lives easier overall. And no, just because you have a smart phone doesn't mean your life is easier. The only reason you were aloud to have that smart phone, is to make you more productive. And by productive, they don't mean physical growth necessarily. Financial growth is just as good for them.



the system will eventually collapse tho probably not in our sight. people don't care enough right now as they should.

 

will depend on whether the government sides with people or corporations. people are like half slaves to companies right now 



Around the Network
MasterThief said:

the system will eventually collapse tho probably not in our sight. people don't care enough right now as they should.

will depend on whether the government sides with people or corporations. people are like half slaves to companies right now 

If the Gov continues to be run by crooked politicians or individuals who run giant corps themselves, you can almost guarantee the system is doomed. Trump may actually be trying to fix the system, maybe, but all it takes is another CEO that is business to the bone, and politicians will seem like angels in comparison. We won't see it crash and burn if it does. As the third world grows and the entire world slowly becomes one, the system has more and more to conquer.

Let's hope Elon gets to Mars sooner than later and terraforms in into a sustainable and livable planet. It'll need to start as a gun loving civilization though, because when corporation Earth comes for it, well.