Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sea of Thieves Outselling Far Cry 5 on Xbox Digital Store.

The MS store has updates every Saturday the top paid list which is the best selling games for the past week. In the US and in the UK (Xbox biggest markets) Sea of Thieves has outsold Far Cry 5 this past week.

US Store https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/top-paid/games/xbox?icid=CNavXboxGamesDownload

1. Sea of Thieves

2. A Way Out

3. PUBG

4. Far Cry 5

5. Fortnite

UK Store https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/top-paid/games/xbox

1. A Way Out

2. PUBG

3. Sea of Thieves

4. Fortnite

5. Titanfall 2(on sale for $6)

6. Far Cry 5

Pretty Impressive that SoT is outselling a big AAA that just released. 



Around the Network

I blame Far Cry 5's low metacritic score. It's definitively the cause for this.



I really didn't expect SoT 2nd week sales to beat Far Cry 5 1st week sales on digital. Impressive.



Wright said:

I blame Far Cry 5's low metacritic score. It's definitively the cause for this.

Agreed.



Do we think that the split between PS4 and Xbox is significant to mean that sales are lower on Xbox and thus has an impact on being first compared to any others on the store....

Though to be fair I would have personally thought Farcry would have beaten SOT.



Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
Madword said:
Do we think that the split between PS4 and Xbox is significant to mean that sales are lower on Xbox and thus has an impact on being first compared to any others on the store....

Though to be fair I would have personally thought Farcry would have beaten SOT.

The sales wil favor PS4 more but Far Cry 5 should still sell pretty good on Xbox.



Does it count downloads (from gamepass) or just full price copies sold digitally?

If this is just sales, then wow.... Sea of theives beating Farcry 5 is crazy good for SoT.



JRPGfan said:
Does it count downloads (from gamepass) or just full price copies sold digitally?

If this is just sales, then wow.... Sea of theives beating Farcry 5 is crazy good for SoT.

gamepass isnt included just sales.



I must say I'm very impressed by A Way Out as well. Managed to beat SoT in the UK, and Far Cry 5 in both the US and UK.



Yet it's the 7th-10th most played game already, meaning it's not keeping players at the same pace



Preston Scott