Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: GOW Reviews Coming April 12th.

The countdown begins. Reviews will be coming in a whole week before release. Something tells me they're extremely confident. 9-10s in my opinion:

The new God of War is one of the biggest upcoming games of April, but it won’t arrive until April 19th on the PlayStation 4.  It’s looking like Sony has a lot of confidence in the game as apparently reviews will start hitting online on April 12th, Sony has confirmed.

Over the years, it’s generally been a strong sign for a game that has a review embargo this far ahead of release.  It usually means that the developer and publisher feel strongly enough about the game that they want to get buzz started prior to the game releasing.  Sony looks like they’ll be getting the hype train rolling a week ahead of launch for God of War.

While this isn’t a guarantee that the new God of War will be good, everything we’ve seen up to this point has been pretty promising for God of War fans.  A new setting and the impressive visuals only possible on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro could make this Kratos’ most beautiful adventure yet.

Regardless, if you’ve got April 19th marked off on your calendar as a “sick day,” make sure to keep your eyes open for reviews and new footage of the game arriving on April 12th.  The review embargo for God of War on PlayStation 4 will officially be over at 12:01 AM PT on 4/12.

https://attackofthefanboy.com/news/god-of-war-reviews-set-to-arrive-on-april-12th/



 

The PS5 Exists. 


Around the Network

That is so cool.I predict most of them will be 93/100



I wonder if this has ever backfired, like if a publisher had an early embargo release then the game ends up getting lower-than expected scores.



Dont care what reviews it scores, getting it day 1 regardless. For me gaming is about events/memories, and I collect/play the previous entries would be wrong for me not to get it :D



Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

VGPolyglot said:
I wonder if this has ever backfired, like if a publisher had an early embargo release then the game ends up getting lower-than expected scores.

Probably does happend.
Like if you dont have alot of confidence in your product, you probably dont go this route.



Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
VGPolyglot said:
I wonder if this has ever backfired, like if a publisher had an early embargo release then the game ends up getting lower-than expected scores.

Probably does happend.
Like if you dont have alot of confidence in your product, you probably dont go this route.

Or if you're bethesda you don't go this route regardless, and make everyone unjustly concerned.

Madword said: 
Dont care what reviews it scores, getting it day 1 regardless.

20.



LTD: PS4 - 125m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 51m

2020: PS4 - 9m, Switch - 22.5m, XBO - 2.5m, PS5 - 4.5m, XBX - 2.8m

Barkley said:
JRPGfan said:

Probably does happend.
Like if you dont have alot of confidence in your product, you probably dont go this route.

Or if you're bethesda you don't go this route regardless, and make everyone unjustly concerned.

Madword said:

I think Its a pro-consumer move, but its risky, if it backfires (low scores) then it can really hurt all that marketing push you might have given it. So I can understand some not wanting to take the risk.

And if you know your product isnt going to review well.... and you dont care, you just want it in the hands of as many as possible (money in ur pockets), you push that marketing like mad, and try to make sure reviews come in late (hopeing to cheat as many people as possible).



That article says April 19th, though its April 20th though?



Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Tmfwang said:
That article says April 19th, though its April 20th though?

Yeah, the article has that wrong.



                                                                                                             

CGI-Quality said:
Tmfwang said:
That article says April 19th, though its April 20th though?

Yeah, the article has that wrong.

Wonder if their embargodate is wrong as well?



Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1