By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake Progress Revealed! & Square Enix is hiring!

siliconera translated the whole thing, check it out below:

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/03/11/final-fantasy-vii-remakes-progress-shared-new-recruitment-core-members/

The progress was revealed in a Square Enix new job listing advertisement. Apparently they're seeking level planners for Final Fantasy VII Remake. The recruitment message offers information on the role's requirements as well as a progress update on the game's development.

The highlights of the job listing:

  • A major project of fully remaking Final Fantasy VII on PlayStation 4.
  • Can work in the best development environment!
  • Gain experience in a flat organization, use your talents to your heart’s content.
  • Recruiting core members for the project!
  • Work on a big title for a chance to help your career!
  • Enjoy flexibility with discretionary work system and good benefits.

As level planner for the game, you'll be responsible for organizing the workflow of location development, create and produce level designs for each assigned location, and implement data utilizing Unreal Engine 4.

On the current state of the project, Square Enix wrote:

“While Final Fantasy VII Remake’s programs for general functions and contents are being tested within the development team as required, the part about reproducing the original work in high-quality graphics is reaching a satisfactory standard, and we’ve come to the conclusion that in order to meet fan expectations we must increase its quality another step higher.

“Therefore, in addition to the current members for the Final Fantasy VII Remake development, we must establish a core group that includes level planners, battle planners, designers, engineers, and various types of jobs to tackle on the production of the big title.

“We expect those of you who apply for this position to become an active core member.”

The company stresses that the job recruitment is by no means a request for last-minute replacements for dealing with work volume. As it stands, the development team are currently in the brainstorming phase of creating a world of Final Fantasy VII fitting for modern times. Square Enix hopes to add members that can work on various levels within the game and come up with ideas for what they’d like to do with the remake’s charming characters.

 

Personal thoughts: To me this seems more about the compilation as a whole rather than just for Part 1, and considering they're looking for level planners, it must mean that they're still in their planning stages for the game's level and world designs.



Around the Network

Or someone left their job and they need a new guy to replace them?



Hmm, pie.

This reads as if the current FFVIIR team consists only of 5 people. Can't wait for the 2025 release.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Launch title for PS6!



Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

The words "for Playstation 4" and "brainstorming phase of creating world" for a game announced in 2015 in 2018 doesn't seem to match at all.
They take 3 years to begin trying to think on how creating the game world, it's gonna take'em at least 5 more to develop this thing.



Around the Network

FF7REMAKE just came a step closer to being a cancelled. Things don’t add up at all, it almost seems as if it’s gone backwards.



PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

deskpro2k3 said:

siliconera translated the whole thing, check it out below:

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/03/11/final-fantasy-vii-remakes-progress-shared-new-recruitment-core-members/

The progress was revealed in a Square Enix new job listing advertisement. Apparently they're seeking level planners for Final Fantasy VII Remake. The recruitment message offers information on the role's requirements as well as a progress update on the game's development.

The highlights of the job listing:

  • A major project of fully remaking Final Fantasy VII on PlayStation 4.
  • Can work in the best development environment!
  • Gain experience in a flat organization, use your talents to your heart’s content.
  • Recruiting core members for the project!
  • Work on a big title for a chance to help your career!
  • Enjoy flexibility with discretionary work system and good benefits.

As level planner for the game, you'll be responsible for organizing the workflow of location development, create and produce level designs for each assigned location, and implement data utilizing Unreal Engine 4.

On the current state of the project, Square Enix wrote:

“While Final Fantasy VII Remake’s programs for general functions and contents are being tested within the development team as required, the part about reproducing the original work in high-quality graphics is reaching a satisfactory standard, and we’ve come to the conclusion that in order to meet fan expectations we must increase its quality another step higher.

“Therefore, in addition to the current members for the Final Fantasy VII Remake development, we must establish a core group that includes level planners, battle planners, designers, engineers, and various types of jobs to tackle on the production of the big title.

“We expect those of you who apply for this position to become an active core member.”

The company stresses that the job recruitment is by no means a request for last-minute replacements for dealing with work volume. As it stands, the development team are currently in the brainstorming phase of creating a world of Final Fantasy VII fitting for modern times. Square Enix hopes to add members that can work on various levels within the game and come up with ideas for what they’d like to do with the remake’s charming characters.

 

Personal thoughts: To me this seems more about the compilation as a whole rather than just for Part 1, and considering they're looking for level planners, it must mean that they're still in their planning stages for the game's level and world designs.

Great, that mean FFVII R won't be rushed, when ps5 come out, people can play the full complete game



BraLoD said:
The words "for Playstation 4" and "brainstorming phase of creating world" for a game announced in 2015 in 2018 doesn't seem to match at all.
They take 3 years to begin trying to think on how creating the game world, it's gonna take'em at least 5 more to develop this thing.

It's Tetsuya Nomura, what did you expect? 



AsGryffynn said:
BraLoD said:
The words "for Playstation 4" and "brainstorming phase of creating world" for a game announced in 2015 in 2018 doesn't seem to match at all.
They take 3 years to begin trying to think on how creating the game world, it's gonna take'em at least 5 more to develop this thing.

It's Tetsuya Nomura, what did you expect? 

A high quality game



3DS: 5429-9952-3189  Add me if you wish!

So, that means they still don't even have members of the core team? If this is not just a replacement of someone who recently departed, this game is not coming for a long, long time.