Forums - Sales Discussion - SWITCH sales 12.8 million in 2017

https://nintendoeverything.com/spending-on-nintendo-products-roughly-doubles-in-2017-nintendo-expected-to-overtake-microsoft-in-console-market-share-this-year/

Several sites have reported yesterday that SWITCH sold 12.8 million units in 2017.

This is according to IHS Markit, which is a company (3.8 billion revenue, 13 000 employees) that provides information and analysis to support the decision-making process of businesses and governments in industries such as financials markets; aerospace, defense and security; automotive; chemical; energy; maritime and trade; and technology. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IHS_Markit



"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

Around the Network

There has already been a thread about this.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=235096



Great, it’s in line with what I expected (13m) sold through and 15m sell in.



Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Flilix said:

There has already been a thread about this.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=235096

It was only closed cause people didn't like the fact, that it backed up the numbers that i thought were plausible. that being said these numbers are not official nintendo numbers, but it's easily the best estimate we have considering the history of the company that trades on nasdaq , and has tons of hard facts  and great info about hardware and software sales, but because it the sell through number is some what low, people want to a find a way to discredit them.

Last edited by quickrick - on 08 March 2018

WhatATimeToBeAlive said: 

This is according to IHS Markit, which is a company (3.8 billion revenue, 13 000 employees) that provides information and analysis to support the decision-making process of businesses and governments in industries such as financials markets; aerospace, defense and security; automotive; chemical; energy; maritime and trade; and technology. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IHS_Markit

Oh, I'll remember that for the next time I have to defend Donald J. Trump. I will say that he is the president of the United States, therefore everything he says is 100% credible. The Donald rules over the USA, a country with over 300 million people and a GDP of many, many billion dollars.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Flilix said:

There has already been a thread about this.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=235096

It was only closed cause people didn't like the fact, that it backed up the numbers that i thought were plausible. that being said these numbers are not official nintendo numbers, but it's easily the best estimate we have considering the history of the company that trades on nasdaq , and has tons of hard facts  and great info about hardware and software sales.

How does this change the fact that there has already been a thread about this ?



duduspace1 said:
quickrick said:

It was only closed cause people didn't like the fact, that it backed up the numbers that i thought were plausible. that being said these numbers are not official nintendo numbers, but it's easily the best estimate we have considering the history of the company that trades on nasdaq , and has tons of hard facts  and great info about hardware and software sales.

How does this change the fact that there has already been a thread about this ?

People should be able to discuss the info, now that i'm not the major focus point.



Flilix said:

There has already been a thread about this.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=235096

Yeah, but it was locked after 2 hours when people gang up against quickrick and came up with a ridiculous argument in an effort to guestion IHS Markit's credibility: "IHS Markit reported that PS4 had sold 53 million units instead of 53.4 million". And this was 2 months after SONY announced 53.4 million, so 53 was just a rounded number. 



"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

The points people made were not about you though even if as it seems you were the one on a crusade against the switch. The points were about the data from IHS plus previously inaccurate data from their communication.



duduspace1 said:
The points people made were not about you though even if as it seems you were the one on a crusade against the switch. The points were about the data from IHS plus previously inaccurate data from their communication.

I admit we can't take IHS numbers as facts, but its clearly by far and away the best real estimate we have, we can't discredit a company like IHS for one error, when they have brought tons of useful info based on facts for hardware/software sales.