Japan Times recently sat down with Netflix's director of anime, Taito Okiura, to talk about the company's interest in anime.
"A.I.C.O. Incarnation" begins airing on Netflix on March 9.
- A substantial portion of Netflixs $8 billion production budget for 2018 is going to anime.
- Okiura was offered the job twice by Netflix before joining last October, only after the timing was right for him.
- Netflix Japan's content library is now the largest in the world, surpassing even that of its home base.
- Godzilla and Devilman series garnering great praise from critics.
- Netflix has promised to deliver 30 new exclusive anime series for 2018.
- Okiura's connections — Netflix allied with: Production I.G ("Ghost in the Shell") Wit Studio ("Attack on Titan"), and Bones Inc. ("My Hero Academia).