Director, Competitive Gaming
San Mateo, CA
Competitive Gaming is an exciting and burgeoning space within the landscape of gaming. As one of the leaders of the gaming industry, PlayStation is focused on the eSports business both regionally and globally as a part of the strategic outlook on the future of gaming. The Director, Competitive Gaming will be a senior member of this initiative, responsible for not only assisting in the creation of the overall strategy, but heavily in its execution. This position will touch all aspects of the initiative from coordinating regional activities to assisting the activation of global sponsorships. This person will also help to build the overall infrastructure, determining and allocating resource needs, global/ regional governance, cross-functional partnership and advocacy, and being the right-hand person to the Global Vice President of Competitive Gaming with all other functions.
- Assist in the design of overall eSports/ competitive gaming strategy
- Manage the execution details of the eSports/ competitive gaming initiative
- Create and present business cases for tournament strategy, content roadmaps, and forward-looking business opportunities within competitive gaming
- Oversee Tournament Program management
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to rally consensus on various initiatives
- Budget management
- Primary liaison with internal departments, specifically, working closely with marketing, communications and publisher relations.
- Coordination of strategy roll out with regional offices
- Identify and facilitate relationships within the eSports/ competitive gaming community
- At least 8+ years of experience in the gaming industry
- At least 3+ years of experience in eSports
- Extensive knowledge of the competitive gaming landscape
- Strong ability to network with leaders and influencers within the competitive gaming space
- Experience creating business models
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven management/ leadership success
- Strong financial acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to influence decisions on a global scale
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
The PS5 Exists.