Forums - PC Discussion - Warhammer 40k - Mechanicus Teaser trailer

Kasedo Games has teased us with a new upcoming Warhammer 40k game, Mechanicus . We'll likely be taking control and viewing the game through the Tech-Priest's eyes in this turn based strategy game.

 

I'm not that big into turn based strategy (even though I own and play XCOM,Disgaea and the older FF titles), but I'll wait to see future trailers showing off some gameplay before making a final decision.

 

That said, the lore sounds a little bit off, but I'm sure they'll stick as close as they can to the lore of the Adeptus Mechanicus.

 

The Steam page for the game is already up as well:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/673880/Warhammer_40000_Mechanicus/

 

From the Steam page:

Take control of one of the most technologically advanced armies in the Imperium - The Adeptus Mechanicus. As Magos Dominus Faustinius, you’ll lead the expedition on the newly rediscovered planet of Silva Tenebris. Manage resources, discover long-forgotten tech, plan tactical operations using the Noosphere technology and control your Tech-Priests every move.

Your every decision will shape the missions ahead and ultimately decide the fate of the troops under your command. However, choose your path carefully - the Imperium depends on it.

Augment

Flesh is weak! Upgrade your Tech-Priests limbs with mechanical augments made from the blessed metals of the Omnissiah. Customize your team with hundreds of possibilities, creating a squad to suit your playstyle.

Difficult Decisions

Make tough decisions that will forge the future from your Ark Mechanicus, The Caestus Metalican, and send you towards alternate endings for a truly unique playthrough.

Experience the Noosphere

Use the Adeptus Mechanicus’ evolved human cognition to scan unexplored tombs for valuable data in order to gain a tactical advantage over your enemy.

The Library

A compelling story written by Black Library author, Ben Counter, specifically crafted to fit the unique personality of the Adeptus Mechanicus faction.

 

The game is set to release sometime this year. 



                                       

Around the Network

Really needs some gameplay or something. No idea what to expect otherwise. Really doesn't help that I've never heard of either the dev or publisher before as well.



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

I love Warhammer 40k, but I have no idea what kind of game this is. Awful trailer.



You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Ka-pi96 said:
Really needs some gameplay or something. No idea what to expect otherwise. Really doesn't help that I've never heard of either the dev or publisher before as well.

According to the dev on Steam, they will keep us posted via Twitter and Facebook, as well as Youtube in the coming months.

Darwinianevolution said:
I love Warhammer 40k, but I have no idea what kind of game this is. Awful trailer.

It's going to be centred around the Adeptus Mechanicus, the faction that follows the God Emperor.  The trailer was merely a teaser and pretty much set up who we're expected to play as.



                                       

Chazore said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Really needs some gameplay or something. No idea what to expect otherwise. Really doesn't help that I've never heard of either the dev or publisher before as well.

According to the dev on Steam, they will keep us posted via Twitter and Facebook, as well as Youtube in the coming months.

And I don't really use any of those 3 things, so yeah probably not a game for me if that's how they choose to market it



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

And I don't really use any of those 3 things, so yeah probably not a game for me if that's how they choose to market it

Not using Youtube is rather odd, considering how all the game trailers and footage that comes out these days is hosted on that site

You can always check back on the game's Steam page for gameplay in a few weeks/months.



                                       

Chazore said:
Ka-pi96 said:

And I don't really use any of those 3 things, so yeah probably not a game for me if that's how they choose to market it

Not using Youtube is rather odd, considering how all the game trailers and footage that comes out these days is hosted on that site

You can always check back on the game's Steam page for gameplay in a few weeks/months.

I could check back, but I probably won't. Finally got around to deleting the hundreds of games on my wish list that I've never looked at again since I added them the other day so I don't want to start adding a load again

eh, if one of those Steam popups when you load it up shows the game when it releases I'll take a look, but unless that happens...



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Ka-pi96 said:

I could check back, but I probably won't. Finally got around to deleting the hundreds of games on my wish list that I've never looked at again since I added them the other day so I don't want to start adding a load again

eh, if one of those Steam popups when you load it up shows the game when it releases I'll take a look, but unless that happens...

Well that's the only time you'll ever see it then, when the game lists it on the front page upon release

 

I mean, it's your call if you want to limit how much information you can obtain or view, but I'm not going to fault the devs when they have their Twitter, Facebook, youtube and Steam accounts to toss their information on.



                                       

Chazore said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I could check back, but I probably won't. Finally got around to deleting the hundreds of games on my wish list that I've never looked at again since I added them the other day so I don't want to start adding a load again

eh, if one of those Steam popups when you load it up shows the game when it releases I'll take a look, but unless that happens...

Well that's the only time you'll ever see it then, when the game lists it on the front page upon release

 

I mean, it's your call if you want to limit how much information you can obtain or view, but I'm not going to fault the devs when they have their Twitter, Facebook, youtube and Steam accounts to toss their information on.

I just don't look at much information for games even if they're ones I'm really looking forward to. The only time I would is if it's just straight up presented to me (like one of those Steam pop ups that I mentioned) or it's a game I'm on the fence about buying. A game without a release date certainly doesn't fall in to the latter category though, so they've either got to win me over with the announcement (something this game has failed pretty bad at, there's like no information at all and I don't even know the developer so it's not like I'd be interested based on their previous games either), or hope I see their game again at some point and if they're only using twitter, facebook and youtube there's pretty much no chance of that happening.



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Ka-pi96 said:
Chazore said:

Well that's the only time you'll ever see it then, when the game lists it on the front page upon release

 

I mean, it's your call if you want to limit how much information you can obtain or view, but I'm not going to fault the devs when they have their Twitter, Facebook, youtube and Steam accounts to toss their information on.

I just don't look at much information for games even if they're ones I'm really looking forward to. The only time I would is if it's just straight up presented to me (like one of those Steam pop ups that I mentioned) or it's a game I'm on the fence about buying. A game without a release date certainly doesn't fall in to the latter category though, so they've either got to win me over with the announcement (something this game has failed pretty bad at, there's like no information at all and I don't even know the developer so it's not like I'd be interested based on their previous games either), or hope I see their game again at some point and if they're only using twitter, facebook and youtube there's pretty much no chance of that happening.

You have limited interest in game info, don't bother with the most popular channels for such info , never mention what other channels it should be on for your benefit and you complain about a TEASER trailer limiting info, did it not occurred to you  that a teaser trailer of along running franchise with a dedicated fan base might be aimed at that very base rather than the disinterested.