Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty 2k18 is Black Ops 4 (rumor)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-02-06-sources-this-years-cod-is-call-of-duty-black-ops-4

Loved Black Ops, probably my 3rd fave CoD MP after MW and World at War. BOII was ok. Never played 3. 

Spawn camp me and obliterate me with an overpowered killstreak reward if old.



Around the Network

I just wonder what setting it is. I know that Marcus Sellars said it's modern but I just don't see how that could fit in the already established storyline, and Eurogamer only seems to be saying that they've heard it's BO4, they're not confirming our denying anything else. Personally I'm really hoping we'll get a Korean War game or a game which explains where Alex Mason was after Woods "killed him" (providing that ending is canon).



Well it's Treyarch's year for CoD so I wouldn't be surprised if its BO4.



If it is modern like the rumors suggest I will give it a chance even though I've never been a fan of Black Ops. Been a long time since my last modern CoD, MW3 in 2011. I just hope Treyarch working on a modern CoD doesn't mean Infinity Ward will be making another futuristic one such as IW2, I'd much rather see Infinity Ward release MW4 in 2019.



poklane said:

I just wonder what setting it is. I know that Marcus Sellars said it's modern but I just don't see how that could fit in the already established storyline, and Eurogamer only seems to be saying that they've heard it's BO4, they're not confirming our denying anything else. Personally I'm really hoping we'll get a Korean War game or a game which explains where Alex Mason was after Woods "killed him" (providing that ending is canon).

Black Ops 3 didn't really fit into the story. I expect Bo4 to take place right after Black Ops 2.



Around the Network
jason1637 said:
poklane said:

I just wonder what setting it is. I know that Marcus Sellars said it's modern but I just don't see how that could fit in the already established storyline, and Eurogamer only seems to be saying that they've heard it's BO4, they're not confirming our denying anything else. Personally I'm really hoping we'll get a Korean War game or a game which explains where Alex Mason was after Woods "killed him" (providing that ending is canon).

Black Ops 3 didn't really fit into the story. I expect Bo4 to take place right after Black Ops 2.

Don't really see how they can do that with Menendez dead/imprisoned.



Black Ops 3 had probably the most awful campaign and story i've ever seen in a Call of Duty game, so hopefully Treyarch can actually pull off a decent one this time if their next one does happen to be Black Ops 4.



COD is like the Madden of FPS. Same thing over and over and over again.



shikamaru317 said:

If it is modern like the rumors suggest I will give it a chance even though I've never been a fan of Black Ops. Been a long time since my last modern CoD, MW3 in 2011. I just hope Treyarch working on a modern CoD doesn't mean Infinity Ward will be making another futuristic one such as IW2, I'd much rather see Infinity Ward release MW4 in 2019.

I really hope for a Modern Warfare 4 as well. Maybe it won't be Infinity Ward making it but I just feel like one of the COD teams will return to that timeline eventually, at least I hope so. 



this year will be really full with great games, it seems😉