Forums - Website Topics - Front page graphs

Hi, there!

 

I don't know if you're already working on this. But something that bugs me is how the graphs need an update, at least the "Last Gen" part where it shows 7th gen console sales.

 

My idea is that you make 3 sections:

7th gen; Last gen; Current platforms.

 

But you can also only update the last Gen, it's fine by me.

 

Thank you for reading.



 

 

We reap what we sow

Around the Network

What's the difference between 7th gen and last gen? Aren't those the exact same thing?



VGPolyglot said:
What's the difference between 7th gen and last gen? Aren't those the exact same thing?

When we are entering in 9th gen, last Gen is no longer 7th gen



 

 

We reap what we sow

To be fair, the quick demise of the WiiU and the fact it now appears on neither gen makes it look like it has never happened.



You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

They'll have to do a redesign before too long. By January 1st 2019 they should have removed 3DS and Vita from the current platforms tab. The only justification for the Vita still being up there is because its market share is tied to the 3DS and it would look odd to only show the 3DS.

Once the 3DS and Vita are removed, a new 8th gen tab can show them and the Wii U.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
160rmf said:
VGPolyglot said:
What's the difference between 7th gen and last gen? Aren't those the exact same thing?

When we are entering in 9th gen, last Gen is no longer 7th gen

But are we really entering the 9th gen?



What 9th Gen? The PS5 and Xbox 4 likely won't be out until 2020 or 2021.



AFAIK the first console marks the beginning of a new generation not the last ones...



 

 

We reap what we sow

160rmf said:
AFAIK the first console marks the beginning of a new generation not the last ones...

To be fair generations are becoming increasingly hard to classify.

I sort of agree with you, but I think there's something even more alarming that I just noticed a few days ago: if you right-click the charts, you can see they're actually .png images. That's insane! Who's having to do this crappy work of opening up Photoshop just to change some digits everytime there's new hardware updates? It's crazy, this needs to be an automated process.



Darwinianevolution said:
To be fair, the quick demise of the WiiU and the fact it now appears on neither gen makes it look like it has never happened.

Isn't that what Nintendo want people to think though?

Last edited by Ka-pi96 - on 05 February 2018

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702