Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best music track in Xenoblade 2

One of the biggest sources of praise for Xenoblade 2 is it's soundtrack; for those who've played it, what was your single favourite theme, and why?

Reminder: Please use spoiler tags where relevant.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

The most hypest soundtrack I've ever heard for a Boss Battle theme :



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Couldn't find the official name for it but this is mine, from 1:32 onwards

This playing during Amalthus and Jin's deaths hit me in the feels like a freight train.

 

Also really loved the music in Morytha, it had such a haunting vibe

 

And finally, the theme when Mythra awakens, so epic and kickarse



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

They are all so good. I listen to like 10 tracks daily while working.

I love the 2 lyrical slow songs
"Drifting Soul" and "Stay with You".

Counterattack is hype AF.



There are so many memorable tracks that just mentioning one or another is a sacrilege, but just to join in the fun, I would nominate the theme music of Tantal at day as at night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLkb3LWv0bY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWkz0DF-3g8



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:

There are so many memorable tracks that just mentioning one or another is a sacrilege, but just to join in the fun, I would nominate the theme music of Tantal at day as at night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLkb3LWv0bY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWkz0DF-3g8

Nah, I prefer Argentum Day and Indoline Pretorium Night themes.



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I know my comment is probably unwanted and maybe even ignorant but honestly, I think I got about halfway through the game(?) and the OST just did not stand out to me that much. At least in the first half of the game. The tracks that are heavy hitters just felt unoriginal, like significantly worse versions of their Xenoblade 1 counterparts, and the ambient tracks were good but pretty much every fantasy game I've played has good ambient music. Obviously the OST has standout tracks and overall it's good, no track is bad, it just wasn't all that.

I'm sure though that when I eventually complete the other half of the game I'll change my mind, but that doesn't really change what the first half of the game has to offer.



AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I know my comment is probably unwanted and maybe even ignorant but honestly, I think I got about halfway through the game(?) and the OST just did not stand out to me that much. At least in the first half of the game. The tracks that are heavy hitters just felt unoriginal, like significantly worse versions of their Xenoblade 1 counterparts, and the ambient tracks were good but pretty much every fantasy game I've played has good ambient music. Obviously the OST has standout tracks and overall it's good, no track is bad, it just wasn't all that.

I'm sure though that when I eventually complete the other half of the game I'll change my mind, but that doesn't really change what the first half of the game has to offer.

O_o WHAT!?
The music is amazeballs man.. you are dead inside :P



3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Bajablo said:

O_o WHAT!?
The music is amazeballs man.. you are dead inside :P

I can't say I know anything about the process the team took to make the music - but when I listen to it I very much get the sense that a lot of the music was made with the mindset of "this is going to be the totes amazeballs song that plays during normal battle, oh, and remember how people liked that other track from xenoblade 1? let's do something like that too. There, now we have two totes amazeballs normal battle themes!"

Which is actually the problem - it sounds pretty contrived and unoriginal a lot of the time. 



Best Overworld theme out of both Xenoblade 1 & 2!



Pancho A. Ovies

Nintendo Switch in Japan (Famitsu): 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=238945&page=2

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=239387