Forums - Gaming Discussion - Video Game Consoles You Own and Have Owned

Hey yall! 


I thought it’d be fun to list and categorize the video game consoles/portables that we own now and that we’ve owned in the past. It’s interesting to take a look at what we all have and have had access to.


Own (8):
SNES, PSX, Xbox, Xbox 360, 3DS XL, Wii U, Xbox One, Switch

Have Owned (13):
NES, GEN, GB, GB Pocket, GB Color, N64, GBA SP, GCN, PS2, PSP, DS Slim, Wii, PS3

Total: 21

How about yall?

Last edited by Thechalkblock - on 30 January 2018

Around the Network

About as basic of a thread as it gets... yeah, I could use one of these! I guess we all do, actually.

I currently own a 3DS and a Wii U, planning to get a Switch this year. I also play games on PC occasionally but I really need to upgrade it, and I still have my PS2 though I rarely ever use it.

In the past, I've owned well, lots of stuff. NES, SNES, Mega Drive (Genesis for you US folks), PS1, Xbox 360, GBC, GBA, and... I guess that's it, actually. I don't even know what happened with most of these, I guess I was too young to notice the old consoles getting behind at the time.



mZuzek said:
About as basic of a thread as it gets... yeah, I could use one of these! I guess we all do, actually.

I currently own a 3DS and a Wii U, planning to get a Switch this year. I also play games on PC occasionally but I really need to upgrade it, and I still have my PS2 though I rarely ever use it.

In the past, I've owned well, lots of stuff. NES, SNES, Mega Drive (Genesis for you US folks), PS1, Xbox 360, GBC, GBA, and... I guess that's it, actually. I don't even know what happened with most of these, I guess I was too young to notice the old consoles getting behind at the time.

it seems like nowadays most of the threads that get attention are divisive or political. not really all that fun to discuss imo

by your console history I'd guess you're similar in age to me. i'm not sure what happened to a lot of my past consoles either... i think i gave some of them away to family/friends, while others i sold. 

the ps3 i sold in order to buy a wii u... a decision i now regret.



Own: Wii U, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii, 360, 360, PS3, PS4, Gamegear, GB, 3DS, 2DS, PSP. PSTV, DS Lite, DSXL, GBA, GBA, GB Color, GB Color, Multiple Amazon systems with 300 in 1 type games, SNES Classic, PS2, PSone, Sega Nomad, Dreamcast, Atari Classic, Intellevision Classic, Sega Genesis

Have owned: SNES, NES, Atari, IBM computer, Apple II, Gameboy, 32X, Sega Saturn

Future : Nintendo Switch



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

spurgeonryan said:
Own: Wii U, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii, 360, 360, PS3, PS4, Gamegear, GB, 3DS, 2DS, PSP. PSTV, DS Lite, DSXL, GBA, GBA, GB Color, GB Color, Multiple Amazon systems with 300 in 1 type games, SNES Classic, PS2, PSone, Sega Nomad, Dreamcast, Atari Classic, Intellevision Classic, Sega Genesis

Have owned: SNES, NES, Atari, IBM computer, Apple II, Gameboy, 32X, Sega Saturn

Future : Nintendo Switch

whew... i'm guessing not all of those consoles are hooked up to your tv huh?

what's the reason why you no longer have the snes/nes?



Around the Network
Thechalkblock said:
mZuzek said:
I currently own a 3DS and a Wii U, planning to get a Switch this year. I also play games on PC occasionally but I really need to upgrade it, and I still have my PS2 though I rarely ever use it.

In the past, I've owned well, lots of stuff. NES, SNES, Mega Drive (Genesis for you US folks), PS1, Xbox 360, GBC, GBA, and... I guess that's it, actually. I don't even know what happened with most of these, I guess I was too young to notice the old consoles getting behind at the time.

by your console history I'd guess you're similar in age to me. i'm not sure what happened to a lot of my past consoles either... i think i gave some of them away to family/friends, while others i sold. 

the ps3 i sold in order to buy a wii u... a decision i now regret.

I'm 22, turning 23 in May. I figure it might be more fun if I add context to each of those missing consoles, though.

NES - no idea what happened to it. I wouldn't even know I ever had one if my older brother didn't tell me.
Mega Drive (or Genesis) - pretty sure we never sold it or gave it away, but it has absolutely vanished, which means mom probably threw it away, as moms do.
SNES - someone offered us a GBC in exchange for either our SNES or Mega Drive. As the sensible kid that I was, obviously I wanted to trade in the Mega Drive, but I was a younger brother so when I knew it the decision was already made (sigh).
GBC - eventually my brother traded it for a friend's GBA, because he had nostalgia for the Color.
GBA - disappeared. I'm pretty sure it had always been in my room or so, but it just vanished. Not that it was ever too useful as we never got any proper GBA games, it was a glorified GBC really. Probably thrown away by mom, as moms do.
PS1 - I remember we gave it to our little cousin siblings back in the day (when they were like, really little). It's been years since I heard from it, so yeah, probably thrown away by their mom, as moms do.
Xbox 360 - sold it to my brother's ex (when they weren't exes of course), I'm not sure she still uses it but it definitely exists. The money wasn't much since we split it and my brother's half was a gift to her, but at least my half was enough to get me my first couple of Wii U games (DKCTF and SM3DW), which I really don't regret. X360 was really underwhelming to me.

The PS2 went through quite some times, too, but somehow it survived all these years, I've no idea how. It was broke at some point, then it went missing, then when I found it and plugged it in it just magically started working again, though it broke again after a while, and well... nowadays it's just sitting there. You put a game in it and it works, though I do think it'll begin having a hard time if I were to use it too regularly. It's really great for that highly occasional replay of Shadow of the Colossus, though.



Own: NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, PS2 (for PS2 and PS1), Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS, Wii U, PS4 and Switch. Only the Switch and PS4 have gotten much use lately, though.

Have Owned: PS1, Game Boy, Game Gear, Game Boy Color, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Advance, DS



Thechalkblock said:
spurgeonryan said:
Own: Wii U, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii, 360, 360, PS3, PS4, Gamegear, GB, 3DS, 2DS, PSP. PSTV, DS Lite, DSXL, GBA, GBA, GB Color, GB Color, Multiple Amazon systems with 300 in 1 type games, SNES Classic, PS2, PSone, Sega Nomad, Dreamcast, Atari Classic, Intellevision Classic, Sega Genesis

Have owned: SNES, NES, Atari, IBM computer, Apple II, Gameboy, 32X, Sega Saturn

Future : Nintendo Switch

whew... i'm guessing not all of those consoles are hooked up to your tv huh?

what's the reason why you no longer have the snes/nes?

NES was when I was probably 6 years old and one of my Brothers Friends Stole it and the heap of games I had. Never had one again. The SNES I had a heap of games for as well, but while on vacation at around the age of 13 my Step siblings broke it. Traded in the games for N64 games later on.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Have the following;

Nintendo:
Color-TV Game 15
NES
SNES
N64 (x3)
GameCube
Wii
WiiU
GameBoy (x2)
GameBoy Color
GameBoy Advance
DS
3DS (x2)

PlayStation:
PS
PS3
PS4
PS Vita

Sega:
Mega Drive (Genesis)
Dreamcast

Others:
G7000 (Odyssey2) (x2)
Atari 2600

Only thing we ever got rid of was a second Dreamcast, and the NES and SNES are re-buys because, as mZuzek aptly puts it; things vanish. Technically those were never mine anyway though. And yes; no Switch, PS2 or any XBox, though I did play the original XBox at my cousin's more than a few times.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 30 January 2018

Own:
PS4 Pro, Switch, X1s, PS Vita, New 3DS XL

 

Have owned:
PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, PSP, 360, Xbox, WiiU, DS, GBA