The countdown will be published in five parts as articles on the site. I will link them here as well:
I've been writing about video game composers and video game music in general on the site for quite a while now, and I thought this would be a good time to do another big video game music countdown. With this in mind, let's put together a list of the top 50 greatest video game soundtracks of all time. For this I need your votes because I don't want to just base the entire countdown on my own opinion. The more votes I get the better, as I want this list to represent as large a part of this community as possible. PLEASE READ THE RULES BELOW BEFORE LEAVING YOUR VOTE.
How this works:
To enter your vote you need to list your top 10 favourite video game soundtracks in order from most to least favourite. Here's an example on how this works.
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert (10pts)
- Crash Bandicoot 3 (9pts)
- Super Mario Galaxy (8pts)
- Final Fantasy VI (7pts)
- Secret of Mana (6pts)
- Nier: Automata (5pts)
- Persona 4 (4pts)
- Halo 3 (3pts)
- Dark Souls (2pts)
- Mega Man 2 (1pt)
- Only ONE game per franchise.
- You can pick up to ten soundtracks, but you don't have to choose all ten if you can't pick that many. Simply leave the rest of the slots empty.
- Votes for expansions or DLC content will be counted for the main game's point total. For example, if you vote for Witcher 3's Blood and Wine DLC I will count it as a vote for the main game.
- The games you choose can be from any generation. As long as the game has music, it's eligible for votes.
- In order for your vote to count you need to have at least 50 posts on the forums so people can't use multiple accounts to vote.
Voting deadline: FEBRUARY 1st
My Most Recent Articles:
For my non-video game related writings you can check my blog below.
Latest Post: Disney Canon: Dumbo (1941)