Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct January Prediction Thread.

There's probably going to be a Nintendo direct this months and there is a lot of hype for it so I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread where we can post what we think will be shown in the direct.

These are my predictions...

3DS 

New Zelda game

Mario Sports

Minecraft DLC

New IP

Switch

Update 5.0 bringing streaming services and cloud saves.

More info on virtual console

Half Life 3 announced as a console exclusive

GTA V switch port.

Chibi-Robo

Dishonored 1 and 2

Bayonetta 3 gameplay

Metroid Prime 4 teaser with 2018 launch

Pokemon Stars with 2018 launch 

2D Mario

New party/casual IP

Kirby

Yoshi

Fire Emblem

New Amiibos

New Joycon colors

New Splatoon 2 free DLC.

Showcase of some upcoming indies



Around the Network

Yeah, let's make a Bingo Prediction Thread!

Here's my bingo, from most plausible to very implausible.

Last edited by Darwinianevolution - on 10 January 2018

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I just hope the most important predication of all is true. The Direct itself.



I'll go by Nintendo's privated videos, so Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem and Super Smash Bros.



Switch will be discontinued, so that the people who predicted that the Switch will bomb harder than the Wii U will be correct.

Wii U 2 announced, featuring the most confusing ad, and every wrong business decision is made for the next five years.

Star Fox Zero 2, the Retelling of Andross confirmed, featuring Wii Fit Balance Board controls, and Peppy says nothing but "Do a Barrel Roll" the entire game.

Federation Force 2 is the final 3DS game.

Nintendo is now 3rd party.

Nintendo makes another console along the Wii U that is just a generic PC case with watercooled SLI GTX 1080s.

Super Smash Bros 5 is confirmed, featuring Brawl tripping and non-existent hitstun; Joker from Persona 5 is a guest character.



Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
I'll go by Nintendo's privated videos, so Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem and Super Smash Bros.

Was confirmed to not be new videos. 



I predict people being disappointed based on their own expectations that they convinced themselves will happen that were neither likely to happen or ever confirmed

nah i'm just joking, let people be hyped 



FloatingWaffles said:

I predict people being disappointed based on their own expectations that they convinced themselves will happen that were neither likely to happen or ever confirmed

(edit never happened)

Yeah. I find it amazing how people can't stop talking about this unannounced Direct, almost reminds me of the NX days.



mZuzek said:
FloatingWaffles said:

I predict people being disappointed based on their own expectations that they convinced themselves will happen that were neither likely to happen or ever confirmed

(edit never happened)

Yeah. I find it amazing how people can't stop talking about this unannounced Direct, almost reminds me of the NX days.

well hype is always a fun thing lol which is why I wrote that edit

cause to me it's like even if someone is overhyping it and having these expectations that were never likely to happen it's like whatever, just let em be excited for whatever, if they end up dissapointed it's their fault anyway 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 10 January 2018

VGPolyglot said:
I'll go by Nintendo's privated videos, so Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem and Super Smash Bros.

The URL's date comfirmed it was from older video on these playist, just check the Yokai-Watch one, it's the same there.



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909