Forums - Gaming Discussion - If GTA will be set in Europe....

Which Country

UK 23 32.39%
 
Germany 11 15.49%
 
Italy 5 7.04%
 
France 6 8.45%
 
Turkey 1 1.41%
 
Russia 15 21.13%
 
Netherlands 7 9.86%
 
Other 3 4.23%
 
Total:71

Which country would you like the settings be? Why?

 

Generally I would love the UK... then maybe germany (I dont know how they will do the accent though)



 

Around the Network

My body is ready.



I would buy a GTA: Amsterdam in a heartbeat.



A little known fact... the 3D GTA games have always been a way to knock the US and its society. Most people don't know that. So I'd be shocked if it were set in another country.



AlfredoTurkey said:
A little known fact... the 3D GTA games have always been a way to knock the US and its society. Most people don't know that. So I'd be shocked if it were set in another country.

meaning?



 

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
I would buy a GTA: Amsterdam in a heartbeat.

i would love to see their canals :P



 

aikohualda said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
A little known fact... the 3D GTA games have always been a way to knock the US and its society. Most people don't know that. So I'd be shocked if it were set in another country.

meaning?

Meaning that the 1,000 person team, stationed in Scotland, would have to rip on their own people and way of life. I don't think they'd do that.



AlfredoTurkey said:
aikohualda said:

meaning?

Meaning that the 1,000 person team, stationed in Scotland, would have to rip on their own people and way of life. I don't think they'd do that.

i am so confused XD



 

aikohualda said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Meaning that the 1,000 person team, stationed in Scotland, would have to rip on their own people and way of life. I don't think they'd do that.

i am so confused XD

Rockstar North is a British development house. They've talked openly about how the 3D GTA titles were always suppose to be social commentary against the US and its way of life. So for them to make a GTA based in EU, or Britain... it would require them to fundamentally change their entire approach. They'd have to embarrass and rip on their own country, culture and way of life. I don't think they'd do that. 



AlfredoTurkey said:
aikohualda said:

i am so confused XD

Rockstar North is a British development house. They've talked openly about how the 3D GTA titles were always suppose to be social commentary against the US and its way of life. So for them to make a GTA based in EU, or Britain... it would require them to fundamentally change their entire approach. They'd have to embarrass and rip on their own country, culture and way of life. I don't think they'd do that. 

this is a hypothetical question....