Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 1080 Trademarked

From what I just heard from Nintendo Life, Nintendo just trademarked "1080 Ten Eighty".

For those not old enough to remember, 1080 was Nintendo's arcade-style snowboarding game for the N64. It got a sequel on the GameCube, but didn't go very far from there due to competition from SSX.

I think it's pretty cool if this means Nintendo's bringing back one of it's more obscure IPs. :)



Around the Network

This and Waverace should come back.




We want 4k!!!
But, no.

Hopefully Nintendo can bring this back, and make it bigger than ever.
We need more diversity in the market, and if only Ubisoft is making snow games, (by the way: still hasn't come to the Switch yet) things could get stale quickly.



Trademarks expire after a certain number of years which means that companies need to renew trademarks regularly. Virtual Console is something that sticks around, so it makes sense that Nintendo wouldn't let their trademark for the name go away.

Trademark renewal should never been read as a sign for a new game being in development.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
Trademarks expire after a certain number of years which means that companies need to renew trademarks regularly. Virtual Console is something that sticks around, so it makes sense that Nintendo wouldn't let their trademark for the name go away.

Trademark renewal should never been read as a sign for a new game being in development.

Your cynicism is not appreciated. =P



Around the Network

Probably just a routine trademark renewal, but I would love a new game in the series. I logged dozens of hours in the N64 original.



Probably only gonna be 720 by the time it's released.

480 undocked



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

Probably only gonna be 720 by the time it's released.

480 undocked

*smacks you* Did you not read the full OP?



CaptainExplosion said:

*smacks you* Did you not read the full OP?

I did read it, even the article. What's your point?



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
CaptainExplosion said:

*smacks you* Did you not read the full OP?

I did read it, even the article. What's your point?

The point is that spin has no place in this topic.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club