By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo in VR - My most groundbreaking experience since 2007 and HD ps3.

I hope they add more cars/ tracks and AI for the vr mode.

Cause it sounds awesome



Around the Network

Hahaha Resistance was my first HD game as well! I got a rift a few weeks ago and I feel I'm actually even more excited than I was when I went to HD. HD was definitely nice but being in the actual game is a step above in my opinion. Doing even seemingly mundane things is an experience in VR games.



Gran Turismo Sport in PSVR has become my go to game. I was a little put off at first due to being forced to play on the TV to unlock all of the tracks, and was a bit dissappointed in the track detail, but after spending time with all of the tracks, and most of the cars, I am absolutely floored with how amazing it is.

This last update really made it shine for me. The addition of the Cobra, the F40, the Samsabus, and the F150 Raptor really opened things up, and allows you to expereince the massive difference between vehicals. My favorite thing to do right now is to hop in the Cobra in the Fine weather settings at Willow Springs Big Willow, and just enjoy the California sunshine (it is cold and rainy/snowy up here in Washington right now).

I really hope they add Time Trials, and the ability to customize races in VR. Being able to gain expereince and currency would be absolutely amazing as well. This is really the only way I want to play the game anymore. It is so far beyond the TV expereince, that it is hard to go back. Playing on the TV is like choosing to play a game while you are sitting at the race track with the option to drive the actual track in an actual car.

Honestly this is just one of many amazing expereinces that I have enjoyed in PSVR over the last 14 months. The expereinces available now are so far and above the TV/DS4 expereince that it truly is truly bigger than any leap we have ever had from console to console. IMO PS4 to PSVR is bigger than PS1 to PS4. The really awesome thing is knowing this is just just the beggining. We have another 20 years of incredible new expereince and PSVR is a window to where things are going.



Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Have you tried driveclub vr? Any similarities to that game? I heard that one requires a barf bag in your lap, but has anyone played the two, and are they starkly different in terms of visuals/barf potential?



Personally i found it mediocre. I see it to be a really half assed addition to the game.

Hardware is to weak to make it look good enough for me.

A full stand alone GT Vr for PS5 would make sense if PD had any ability to develop things on a timely manner.



Around the Network

Not very sturdy ground then.



KBG29 said:
Gran Turismo Sport in PSVR has become my go to game. I was a little put off at first due to being forced to play on the TV to unlock all of the tracks, and was a bit dissappointed in the track detail, but after spending time with all of the tracks, and most of the cars, I am absolutely floored with how amazing it is.

This last update really made it shine for me. The addition of the Cobra, the F40, the Samsabus, and the F150 Raptor really opened things up, and allows you to expereince the massive difference between vehicals. My favorite thing to do right now is to hop in the Cobra in the Fine weather settings at Willow Springs Big Willow, and just enjoy the California sunshine (it is cold and rainy/snowy up here in Washington right now).

I really hope they add Time Trials, and the ability to customize races in VR. Being able to gain expereince and currency would be absolutely amazing as well. This is really the only way I want to play the game anymore. It is so far beyond the TV expereince, that it is hard to go back. Playing on the TV is like choosing to play a game while you are sitting at the race track with the option to drive the actual track in an actual car.

Honestly this is just one of many amazing expereinces that I have enjoyed in PSVR over the last 14 months. The expereinces available now are so far and above the TV/DS4 expereince that it truly is truly bigger than any leap we have ever had from console to console. IMO PS4 to PSVR is bigger than PS1 to PS4. The really awesome thing is knowing this is just just the beggining. We have another 20 years of incredible new expereince and PSVR is a window to where things are going.

I agree GTS in VR is incredible. Same goes for RE7, Skyrim or Ultrawings.

For me the jump to VR is only comparable to the jump from 2D to 3D graphics. It’s the most incredible gaming experience since the early PS1 days and I can’t stop thinking about it and the possibilities it brings and what will be coming in the near future.

Just imagine RDR2 or GTA5/6 in VR! I’d never leave my house again lol.



Motorstorm was my first HD game and it blew me away. Resistance soon after did the same but cod4 blew my brains out.

Last gen the movement to HD was big and the motion control thing from Nintendo. But this gen psvr is the ground breaking thing from the various consoles. If Sony can get its price lower it could be very big.



Errorist76 said:

I agree GTS in VR is incredible. Same goes for RE7, Skyrim or Ultrawings.

For me the jump to VR is only comparable to the jump from 2D to 3D graphics. It’s the most incredible gaming experience since the early PS1 days and I can’t stop thinking about it and the possibilities it brings and what will be coming in the near future.

Just imagine RDR2 or GTA5/6 in VR! I’d never leave my house again lol.

I agree with everything in this post. Now that I have experienced these games in VR my expectations are much higher for future games. I really hope Rockstar works on the games you mentioned. VR remasters on GTA5 and RDR2 would be a great start. I hope GTA6 is a VR only title that takes full advantage of next ten headsets and motion tracking. 

Kerotan said:
Motorstorm was my first HD game and it blew me away. Resistance soon after did the same but cod4 blew my brains out.

Last gen the movement to HD was big and the motion control thing from Nintendo. But this gen psvr is the ground breaking thing from the various consoles. If Sony can get its price lower it could be very big.

Very true. PSVR is the actual next gen element to this generation. In a lot of ways the standard PS4 games have taken a step backwards from PS3 titles, they just have much prettier presentation. PSVR delivers the leap in game design and experience that makes it worthy of the next gen title.

This holiday was a good start with the ability to get PS4 + PSVR for $350 if you grabbed the Gamestop $200 + $50 gift card, and the $200 GTS PSVR. Hopefully by this holiday they can offer a PS4 + PSVR bundle for $299.99. That combine with some big announcements from major AAA studios, and PSVR should really pick up steam.



Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

MrRoops said:
Personally i found it mediocre. I see it to be a really half assed addition to the game.

Hardware is to weak to make it look good enough for me.

I've not played the game myself.  But, I was excited to get my hands on it, until a friend of mine told me pretty much exactly this.