By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - School Shooting Trainer for Teachers

So, instead of properly addressing the issues of mass shootings in the United States, they're doing this; an FPS that trains teachers to deal with school shootings.

It's like they're dancing around the issue of weapon availability in order to militarize the school environment. -_-



Around the Network

It's a good idea. They should be trained to deal with it just in case, but I don't think a game is a very good way to do it.



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Why not ban weapons instead?

I know this is an old topic and already discussed to death. I also know that reality isn't that simple. I still can't understand why nothing of note is done against gun shootings to date.



Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

Sounds like a good idea to train teachers to deal with a shooting imo.



CaptainExplosion said:

So, instead of properly addressing the issues of mass shootings in the United States, they're doing this; an FPS that trains teachers to deal with school shootings.

It's like they're dancing around the issue of weapon availability in order to militarize the school environment. -_-

even if you ban weapons today... how to you address the millions of weapons out in circulation already?

would it not then be prudent to prepare yourself in case you face a situation with a weapon? 

if someone said... "-_- can you really believe bro that they are selling locks for property instead of dealing with the thief problem?" that would be dumb right?



Around the Network

I guess it lets you play as the role of the shooter. What would the goal be for that role? Kill as many children as possible?



VGPolyglot said:
I guess it lets you play as the role of the shooter. What would the goal be for that role? Kill as many children as possible?

Just watched the video. You play as a teacher in the simulation. You have to avoid the shooter and give commands to your students to help keep them safe. I think they only showed the shooter's point of view in part of the video to show how the shooter's AI thinks and works. 



Just do like all that heroin you can't find anymore.



shikamaru317 said:
VGPolyglot said:
I guess it lets you play as the role of the shooter. What would the goal be for that role? Kill as many children as possible?

Just watched the video. You play as a teacher in the simulation. You have to avoid the shooter and give commands to your students to help keep them safe. I think they only showed the shooter's point of view in part of the video to show how the shooter's AI thinks and works. 

If you watch the video, you'll see some parts that says Role: teacher and Role: active shooter. You can play as both.



The only thing stopping a bad guy with a gun is a good gamer with a gun.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.