Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Games are suffering for Shortages in Japan

this reminds me of gta V launch week, it was impossible to find in Brazil because it was sold out in all stores, and of course the proportion is quite different from the article but it just came to my mind.. i dunno why :P

In what seems to be a complete joke, Japanese Internet commentators are reporting that they are having difficulty in finding Nintendo Switch games both offline and online.

On Amazon Japan, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, ARMS, 1-2 Switch, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and countless other games have completely sold out. They are currently on back-order, estimated to arrive in the next 1 to 4 weeks.

A quick look at Yodobashi Camera shows The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 have completely sold out across all 23 locations, but replenishments are expected to arrive soon. Pokken Tournament DX is expected to run out soon as it’s still available at 7 locations.

The Switch software shortage just came after what seemed to be one of the biggest Switch hardware restocks in Japan.

Source 1 and Source 2



     


(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Good news for SanDisk, Trancend, Samsung and even Nintendo (eShop profits are higher + account binding)



Conina said:

Good news for SanDisk, Trancend, Samsung and even Nintendo (eShop profits are higher + account binding)

I think that most people would rather wait and get a physical copy.



Going by famitsu it seems to be true. I mean MK8D is ahead of SMO and Splat2! While BotW had a verybstrong hold (WoW)



Switchonimation!!!!

 

While the saying "Switch has no games" - I guess this is true in Japan xD 

Last edited by Jranation - on 06 January 2018

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Lucas-Rio said:
Conina said:

Good news for SanDisk, Trancend, Samsung and even Nintendo (eShop profits are higher + account binding)

I think that most people would rather wait and get a physical copy.

Remember that you are just one of "most people"

The Switch is a handheld system, having to change carts on the go is far more annoying than just clicking an icon from the software library area, I have over 30 games on mine now, I really can't imagine fumbling around with that amount of carts while traveling with the system.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Ganoncrotch said:
Lucas-Rio said:

I think that most people would rather wait and get a physical copy.

Remember that you are just one of "most people"

The Switch is a handheld system, having to change carts on the go is far more annoying than just clicking an icon from the software library area, I have over 30 games on mine now, I really can't imagine fumbling around with that amount of carts while traveling with the system.

Ditto. As much as I love owning a physical copy, having to constantly switch (HA) carts is annoying.



routsounmanman said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Remember that you are just one of "most people"

The Switch is a handheld system, having to change carts on the go is far more annoying than just clicking an icon from the software library area, I have over 30 games on mine now, I really can't imagine fumbling around with that amount of carts while traveling with the system.

Ditto. As much as I love owning a physical copy, having to constantly switch (HA) carts is annoying.

Aye, just have 5 physical games for mine, Zelda came with the system, Imaginators is only available Physically and then Lego City, Puyo pop and Bomberman were all reduced by a crazy amount in stores I happened to be in so I couldn't pass them up.

Just counted there have 34 Digital games installed.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

I prefer physical but if a game I don't have and want is on sale... damn shame most of the first party stuff NEVER goes on sale via the eShop.



Ganoncrotch said:
Lucas-Rio said:

I think that most people would rather wait and get a physical copy.

Remember that you are just one of "most people"

The Switch is a handheld system, having to change carts on the go is far more annoying than just clicking an icon from the software library area, I have over 30 games on mine now, I really can't imagine fumbling around with that amount of carts while traveling with the system.

 

routsounmanman said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Remember that you are just one of "most people"

The Switch is a handheld system, having to change carts on the go is far more annoying than just clicking an icon from the software library area, I have over 30 games on mine now, I really can't imagine fumbling around with that amount of carts while traveling with the system.

Ditto. As much as I love owning a physical copy, having to constantly switch (HA) carts is annoying.

You guys need something like this:

https://www.amazon.de/HORI-Schutzh%C3%BClle-Nintendo-Switch-schwarz/dp/B01NASY99Z/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1515251634&sr=8-3&keywords=switch+spiele+h%C3%BClle

I got one for christmas, it's fantastic!



Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism