Forums - Movies Discussion - Star Wars fans, help me settle a bet (Warning: TLJ Spoilers)

Who are Rey’s parents?

Luke and ?? 4 12.50%
 
Han and Leia 3 9.38%
 
2 drunken peasants 17 53.13%
 
Chuck Norris 2 6.25%
 
Someone else 6 18.75%
 
Total:32

Okay, so for those of you that have already seen The Last Jedi, we still do not know Rey’s parents are. It was briefly mentioned a couple times throughout the film, but it’s never outright revealed. Personally, I think Kylo Ren was lying when he told her that her parents were drunken commoners who sold her into slavery for drinking money. I believe he was simply trying to upset her more so she would join his new order. 

The bet I’m trying to settle with someone is who are Rey’s parents? I believe Luke Skywalker is her father, while this other person believes it’s Han and Leia. 

reasons why I believe it’s Luke: The lightsaber chose her in TFA, the ship shown leaving her on the desert Planet was supposedly Luke’s from the comic books, she’s incredibly strong with the force, she’s great with machines, and she doesn’t remember her parents, despite being more than old enough at the time they left her to at least remember their faces/ names, leading me to believe her memory was wiped by someone else that is strong with the force. 

So what do the Star Wars experts on here think? Is Luke’s daughter? Leia’s? Or is she neither? 



0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network
DialgaMarine said:

Okay, so for those of you that have already seen The Last Jedi, we still do not know Rey’s parents are. It was briefly mentioned a couple times throughout the film, but it’s never outright revealed. Personally, I think Kylo Ren was lying when he told her that her parents were drunken commoners who sold her into slavery for drinking money. I believe he was simply trying to upset her more so she would join his new order. 

The bet I’m trying to settle with someone is who are Rey’s parents? I believe Luke Skywalker is her father, while this other person believes it’s Han and Leia. 

reasons why I believe it’s Luke: The lightsaber chose her in TFA, the ship shown leaving her on the desert Planet was supposedly Luke’s from the comic books, she’s incredibly strong with the force, she’s great with machines, and she doesn’t remember her parents, despite being more than old enough at the time they left her to at least remember their faces/ names, leading me to believe her memory was wiped by someone else that is strong with the force. 

So what do the Star Wars experts on here think? Is Luke’s daughter? Leia’s? Or is she neither? 

We do. And it's lame.

They were two drunken peasants. Rey knew this but only came to accept it when Kylo pointed it out to her. They had the force connection mind meld thing which is why Kylo knew.




Jar Jar Binks. That's why she is so cool and doesn't afraid of anything.



In any case it's going to be wincest.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

"RIAN JOHNSON: That’s what Kylo sees and that’s what he tells her and I think he’s not lying in that moment. That’s what he saw and she seems to believe it when she hears it. I don’t want to … I’m not writing the next film, we’ll see how they handle it going forward, and as we all know in these movies, there’s always a certain point of view that’s involved. But, for me, I’ll tell you that was the … I can understand why that answer doesn’t feel good. It’s not supposed to feel good. It’s supposed to be the hardest thing she could possibly hear in that moment."

So basically, unless JJ gives Rian's script the same middle finger that Rian did JJ's TFA's script (not entirely unlikely), Rey's parents are nobody.



Around the Network

TLJ is essentially an angry response to TFA. I could see JJ reversing a few things for ep. 9. I think it is clear JJ set her up to be a Kenobi, imo. So I think he’ll retcon what Kylo said as a lie and make her one, or something else. Dunno. I dont think her parents are nobodies



Its what happens when you rush to get the movies out though. There should have been a plan on where all three movies go before they made the first one and not just hire random people to write each one as they go along.



Her parents being nobodies is actually one of the few good "plot twists(?)"



fory77 said:
Her parents being nobodies is actually one of the few good "plot twists(?)"

but doesn't that kinda go against what the force is all about? 



KLXVER said:
fory77 said:
Her parents being nobodies is actually one of the few good "plot twists(?)"

but doesn't that kinda go against what the force is all about? 

idk man Anakin's mother was force-raped by a sith lord on the other side of the galaxy