Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Level-5 looking to focus on Switch in 2018

Level-5 hasn’t really done much with Switch thus far. But in 2018, that should be changing.

4Gamer spoke with Level-5 CEO Akihiro Hino, who spoke about plans for next year. He cited Inazuma Eleven Ares and Ni no Kuni II as upcoming titles, before going on to say that the company will focus on Switch in 2018 – or literally that they’ll put their power into the new console.

http://nintendoeverything.com/level-5-looking-to-focus-on-switch-in-2018/



Around the Network

Cool.



So, if they're shifting their development resources to Switch in 2018, I'd say we can expect a new Yokai Watch, new Fantasy Life, and new Layton games around 2019 and 2020. Though, it wouldn't surprise me if we get a new Yokai Watch game as early as fall or winter 2018, since Level 5 puts out a new game like it's freaking crack.



Pancho A. Ovies

Nintendo Switch in Japan (Famitsu): 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=238945&page=2

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=239387

That's awesome. I just hope it's a new IP. Not just more Yokai and Layton.



PAOerfulone said:
So, if they're shifting their development resources to Switch in 2018, I'd say we can expect a new Yokai Watch, new Fantasy Life, and new Layton games around 2019 and 2020. Though, it wouldn't surprise me if we get a new Yokai Watch game as early as fall or winter 2018, since Level 5 puts out a new game like it's freaking crack.

I don't expect significant new titles until 2019 either because it feels like Japanese 3rd parties either hedged their bets by only supporting the Switch with low risk titles and ports or stayed in a holding pattern until they were convinced on whether it would succeed or fail.



Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

or literally that they’ll put their power into the new console.

At least someone is trying to put power in a Nintendo console.

BAZINGA!



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

wombat123 said:
PAOerfulone said:
So, if they're shifting their development resources to Switch in 2018, I'd say we can expect a new Yokai Watch, new Fantasy Life, and new Layton games around 2019 and 2020. Though, it wouldn't surprise me if we get a new Yokai Watch game as early as fall or winter 2018, since Level 5 puts out a new game like it's freaking crack.

I don't expect significant new titles until 2019 either because it feels like Japanese 3rd parties either hedged their bets by only supporting the Switch with low risk titles and ports or stayed in a holding pattern until they were convinced on whether it would succeed or fail.

Which I find to be odd, because even during this time last year, when it was largely unknown how the Switch would do, almost everyone agreed that it would at least do very well in Japan. The only Japanese 3rd parties that seemed to be onboard from the beginning were Koei Tecmo, Square Enix, and SEGA



Pancho A. Ovies

Nintendo Switch in Japan (Famitsu): 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=238945&page=2

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=239387

I'd be happy with an HD Layton collection to tide us oveer to 2019 when the heavy hitters start coming from Leve 5.



Ni No Kuni II would have been a great first title for the Switch, specially considering Ni No Kuni DS version sales on japan.



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Level 5 is the most boring Japanese developer there is. Their crown achievement is developing Dragon Quest VIII.