Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think the Sega Genesis HD flash back is better than SNES classic.

I've recently received the Sega Genesis HD flashback and I have to be honest, this was a great mini console. I liked it more than the SNES classic. I've seen this review and it is the closes to my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCjUDpTUsvg

I never played phantasy star 4, but just started and it's pretty good so far. Although, I need to stop and play the first three first.



Around the Network

wow.... so we are having nostalgia infused retro console rehash wars now too......

why do you even care?



Intrinsic said:
wow.... so we are having nostalgia infused retro console rehash wars now too......

why do you even care?

I just feel this console is underrated and needs to be looked at more.



Snoopy said:

I've recently received the Sega Genesis HD flashback and I have to be honest, this was a great mini console. I liked it more than the SNES classic. I've seen this review and it is the closes to my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCjUDpTUsvg

I never played phantasy star 4, but just started and it's pretty good so far. Although, I need to stop and play the first three first.

Isn't it 21 games on Snes Mini opposed to 85 to Megadrive HD? Technically I could agree you here.



Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

 

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Well, if I'm in the mood for a SEGA classic, I just play one of them of my two SEGA collections on Steam or on PSP/Vita:

 

I don't need an additional retro console for $/€100 for that to get nostalgic.



Around the Network
bdbdbd said:

Isn't it 21 games on Snes Mini opposed to 85 to Megadrive HD? Technically I could agree you here.

Only 45 Genesis classics + 7 Master System games + 5 Game Gear games... and 28 fillers nobody gives a crap about:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/13/16051258/sega-genesis-flashback-hd-review



Conina said:
bdbdbd said:

Isn't it 21 games on Snes Mini opposed to 85 to Megadrive HD? Technically I could agree you here.

Only 45 Genesis classics + 7 Master System games + 5 Game Gear games... and 28 fillers nobody gives a crap about:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/13/16051258/sega-genesis-flashback-hd-review

Well, it's still quite a lot compared to 21. Then again, Snes Mini didn't have that many games I didn't already have (and Starfox 2 was a disappointment compared to the original).



Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

 

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Dude, no. The sound of the Genesis Flashback is fucked. It's poor emulation all around. Put it next to a real Genesis and that flashback system is nails on a chalkboard. The games run like shit.



The sound from that thing is literally ear rape. Hack your SNES and it's good to go. Way better than that At games crap.




Glad you like it but I still don't get why anyone would purchase those types of systems with so many emulators for free...and roms. Even on consoles marketplaces. There's just too many options.

Not to mention the ability to play these games with an XBOX ONE controller....I did like the Sega 6 button when I had one...but...you know...



Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?