Forums - General Discussion - 2016 VS. 2017

Which year was better?

2016 2 8.70%
 
2017 21 91.30%
 
Total:23

Which was the better year?

2016 is often regarded as a horrible year, because it had the increase in racial violence, America electing a heartless rich moron, great people like Alan Rickman and David Bowie dying, that fat Korean guy threatening everyone else more than ever, increased distrust towards the police, a gorilla shot because of some dumb bitch who can't look after her own child, and the Fort McMurry fire.

2017 has had fatso constantly firing rockets at Japan, celebrities getting called rapists left and right, Nazis on the rise in America, net neutrality killed by Fascist Communist Cunts, The Emoji Movie actually exists, and YouTube is shitting on content creators even more now.

However, given the comparison, I'd say 2017 has been the better year, unless you think it's too early to tell.



Around the Network

Almost all of the things that keep us busy are just single events. There are so many things going on in the world, so the total amount of good and bad things is roughly the same every year.



Flilix said:
Almost all of the things that keep us busy are just single events. There are so many things going on in the world, so the total amount of good and bad things is roughly the same every year.

Yes, but I feel 2016 had a lot more bad things than good, whereas it's the opposite in 2017.



Well, I thought this was going to be a gaming-related thread, but I see you just picked 3 words you didn't like and threw them together to create "Fascist Communist Cunts".



CaptainExplosion said:

Which was the better year?

2016 is often regarded as a horrible year, because it had the increase in racial violence, America electing a heartless rich moron, great people like Alan Rickman and David Bowie dying, that fat Korean guy threatening everyone else more than ever, increased distrust towards the police, a gorilla shot because of some dumb bitch who can't look after her own child, and the Fort McMurry fire.

2017 has had fatso constantly firing rockets at Japan, celebrities getting called rapists left and right, Nazis on the rise in America, net neutrality killed by Fascist Communist Cunts, The Emoji Movie actually exists, and YouTube is shitting on content creators even more now.

However, given the comparison, I'd say 2017 has been the better year, unless you think it's too early to tell.

A better acronym for the FCC would've been Fat Corporate Cunts



 

 

Around the Network

2017 overall is better.



For the world? Better. India is continuing to improve, countries are starting to focus on preserving the Earth, and in general they’re moving towards progressive viewpoints.

The US? Lol - not gonna start on them



CaptainExplosion said:

Which was the better year?

2016 is often regarded as a horrible year, because it had the increase in racial violence, America electing a heartless rich moron, great people like Alan Rickman and David Bowie dying, that fat Korean guy threatening everyone else more than ever, increased distrust towards the police, a gorilla shot because of some dumb bitch who can't look after her own child, and the Fort McMurry fire.

2017 has had fatso constantly firing rockets at Japan, celebrities getting called rapists left and right, Nazis on the rise in America, net neutrality killed by Fascist Communist Cunts, The Emoji Movie actually exists, and YouTube is shitting on content creators even more now.

However, given the comparison, I'd say 2017 has been the better year, unless you think it's too early to tell.

Is that a bad thing or a good thing?

I would consider it a good thing. I don't care how much I liked a person or how cool they are important. Any and all rapists, pedophiles, ect being exposed and their life being ruined is a good thing in my book.

Nazi's are not on the rise. Just cause the few hundred that exist are more vocal on social media does not mean Nazi's are on the rise. There are just as many if not more people on every other side of whatever argument out there. One does not have to look hard for example to find some black person calling for the deaths of white people or something of that nature. Does that one persons views represent all of black people? Hell no. Same as a few white supremacists don't represent white people.

Don't forget Prince dying in 2016 for iconic people.



2017 had the release of the Switch. Zelda breath of the wild finally launched and is the first year since 2008 which has yoy up hardware. When PS is considered we saw the launch of Horizon and Persona 5. Also Crash returned and there where some pretty damn good PS exclusives. But we also see that the game industry is getting greedy with loot boxes and trying to make p2w as addictive as possible. Also big companies are moving further away from SP games.

2016 saw the launch of Uncharted 4, Ratchet and Clank and Overwatch. It was a year with great announcements, but overall releases weren't all that great. So 2017 was a better game year and in the end that's all that matters on a games forum.



Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

VGPolyglot said:
Well, I thought this was going to be a gaming-related thread, but I see you just picked 3 words you didn't like and threw them together to create "Fascist Communist Cunts".

It's an appropriate combination. Taking away net neutrality is pretty much a crime against basic human freedoms. Ajit Pai is a piece of shit.