Forums - Gaming Discussion - REVIVAL of Rigde Racer or Burnout?

from what racer game do would like to see a revival. all two of them were great racer games, but on the same time very different. i loved all two of them but somehow i liked the style from burnout, burnout 3 was the best racer game i played...

 

https://youtu.be/4SnZD7gCxUY

 

https://youtu.be/RTyHdVkt0iM



Around the Network

I don't care what name it has as long as it's good. Splitscreen, No open world, No microtransactions, No Story Line.

I didn't play much ridge racer, I played Burnout 1-3 though and I want games like that to return.

Just good old fashioned arcade street racing.



LTD: PS4 - 125m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 51m

2020: PS4 - 9m, Switch - 22.5m, XBO - 2.5m, PS5 - 4.5m, XBX - 2.8m

Burnout 3/Revenge/Paradise are some of my favourite games of all time. That being said, I dont trust EA with the IP anymore. Better dead than in a lootbox-riddled grind fest like NFS: Payback. On top of that, the main creative minds of burnout left EA a couple of years ago.

We need a spiritual successor.



Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I'd have to go with Ridge Racer myself, I really liked the atmosphere of Ridge Racer V.



RC Pro AM



Around the Network

Ridge Racer had Style, good music and a cute mascot



VGPolyglot said:
I'd have to go with Ridge Racer myself, I really liked the atmosphere of Ridge Racer V.

Me too, man. ME TOO! I used to be a Ridge Racer FANATIC but after RRV it just wasn't the same anymore. Namco somehow couldn't pull off amazing graphics on the PS3. I mean, look at R4 - arguably the BEST Ridge Racer - it had graphics the BLEW Gran Turismo's out of the water!!! Sorry, but it's a FACT. R4 had some of the best graphics on the PS1. In fact, it looked next-gen at the time. I want a RR game to do that and become that once again. 

I want my Ridge Racer game to look as good if not better than something like NFS: Rivals, which is my current driving game champ (not quite as good as NFS Hot Pursuit 2010, however.)



Ruler said:
Ridge Racer had Style, good music and a cute mascot

Yeah, some of the BEST original music I have heard for a racing game next to WipEout!



StreaK said:
VGPolyglot said:
I'd have to go with Ridge Racer myself, I really liked the atmosphere of Ridge Racer V.

Me too, man. ME TOO! I used to be a Ridge Racer FANATIC but after RRV it just wasn't the same anymore. Namco somehow couldn't pull off amazing graphics on the PS3. I mean, look at R4 - arguably the BEST Ridge Racer - it had graphics the BLEW Gran Turismo's out of the water!!! Sorry, but it's a FACT. R4 had some of the best graphics on the PS1. In fact, it looked next-gen at the time. I want a RR game to do that and become that once again. 

I want my Ridge Racer game to look as good if not better than something like NFS: Rivals, which is my current driving game champ (not quite as good as NFS Hot Pursuit 2010, however.)

Well, they frequently release their games as launch titles for some reason, which means that they're just figuring out the hardware and how it works, so that is probably why the PS3 version didn't look very good.



VGPolyglot said:
StreaK said:

Me too, man. ME TOO! I used to be a Ridge Racer FANATIC but after RRV it just wasn't the same anymore. Namco somehow couldn't pull off amazing graphics on the PS3. I mean, look at R4 - arguably the BEST Ridge Racer - it had graphics the BLEW Gran Turismo's out of the water!!! Sorry, but it's a FACT. R4 had some of the best graphics on the PS1. In fact, it looked next-gen at the time. I want a RR game to do that and become that once again. 

I want my Ridge Racer game to look as good if not better than something like NFS: Rivals, which is my current driving game champ (not quite as good as NFS Hot Pursuit 2010, however.)

Well, they frequently release their games as launch titles for some reason, which means that they're just figuring out the hardware and how it works, so that is probably why the PS3 version didn't look very good.

How do you explain RR on PS1 looking so damn good for the time. In my opinion, it was a FAR superior game to Daytona USA.