Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 2's Battle System Is Incredibly Addictive

The title says it all. The depth of the battle system is incredible and I've actually spent most of my time so far just fighting enemies. I've played each title to completion and the evolution in the system here is worthy of praise. 

 

 

Random Thoughts:

-The game is gorgeous

-Handheld runs just fine despite the criticisms tho the resolution does get pretty bad in scenes with grand vistas

-the resolution is all over the place in both handheld and docked mode

-that trademark xenoblade slowdown is still present

-the soundtrack meets the high standards of the series

-luckily the battle system is what it is cause navigation is horrible on this game.

-F****** horrible I tell you.



Games are fun.

Around the Network

Is it similar to the first one? I really liked that game, the sequel is the reason why i´m considering getting a Switch



Horrible doesn't begin to describe the map and compass navigation.



Bad navigation is a big deal for me.

If I can't find out where I am, where to go etc that frustrates me the most. It leads to a level of frustration that makes a game unplayable, no matter how fun anything else is.



  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Bandorr said:
Bad navigation is a big deal for me.

If I can't find out where I am, where to go etc that frustrates me the most. It leads to a level of frustration that makes a game unplayable, no matter how fun anything else is.

It's weird but nothing complex like people has stated here. Just go on the "Skip Travel" menu, 2 clicks and boom ! You know where you are and can identify easily see the stuff you discovered so far.

+ You have an indicator that tells you where to go next for your main quest or side quests.



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Bandorr said:
Bad navigation is a big deal for me.

If I can't find out where I am, where to go etc that frustrates me the most. It leads to a level of frustration that makes a game unplayable, no matter how fun anything else is.

It's weird but nothing complex like people has stated here. Just go on the "Skip Travel" menu, 2 clicks and boom ! You know where you are and can identify easily see the stuff you discovered so far.

+ You have an indicator that tells you where to go next for your main quest or side quests.

Ok that doesn't sound too bad.  And the good combat sounds fun.

There are just so many damn games out right now. I even have a handheld game in the form of Etrian 5 though. I'll put it on the list, thanks.



  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)

The resolution docked is great.As far as I can see, there is no dip when docked.

As for the navigation, yeah its not ideal, but people make it seem that it is worse than it is.



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Bandorr said:
Mar1217 said:

It's weird but nothing complex like people has stated here. Just go on the "Skip Travel" menu, 2 clicks and boom ! You know where you are and can identify easily see the stuff you discovered so far.

+ You have an indicator that tells you where to go next for your main quest or side quests.

Ok that doesn't sound too bad.  And the good combat sounds fun.

There are just so many damn games out right now. I even have a handheld game in the form of Etrian 5 though. I'll put it on the list, thanks.

Oooh ! Nice stuff there :) Hope you liking this one ... I hope they'll do another one for Switch but I don't see how they would make the map creator work with the Switch screen ...



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Bandorr said:
Mar1217 said:

It's weird but nothing complex like people has stated here. Just go on the "Skip Travel" menu, 2 clicks and boom ! You know where you are and can identify easily see the stuff you discovered so far.

+ You have an indicator that tells you where to go next for your main quest or side quests.

Ok that doesn't sound too bad.  And the good combat sounds fun.

There are just so many damn games out right now. I even have a handheld game in the form of Etrian 5 though. I'll put it on the list, thanks.

Do give XC 2 preference though.In my opinion its an excellent game so far(Im 25 hours in), and I personally liked it more than Zelda.

Last edited by Nautilus - on 07 December 2017

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Its frustration. I have nothing but bad experiences with AI with them not using heal even when they clearly have heals available. The AI just perform so inadequately and the fact you cant swap character mid battle is just a pain. Theres so many times i was like let me be in charged of person for this time. Like let me be in charged of the person who i have tanking and then let me take control of the healer when things get crazy but i cant do that. I gotta leave it in the hands of AI and it infuriates me to no end