Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii and Gamecube games will be playable on NVIDIA Shield in China (by port)

I would buy one just for mario galaxy 2 and xenoblade chronicles.

A presentation was held in China today for the NVIDIA Shield. You wouldn’t expect Nintendo news to come out of such an event, but it seems as though a pretty big announcement was made.

The new Chinese version of NVIDIA Shield is capable of running Wii games. Site reader pdapandapda tells us that the graphics will be optimized, but we’re trying to get confirmation on that. If true, perhaps the Wii titles will run at more suitable HD resolutions.

The NVIDIA Shield should be able to run New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Punch-Out!!, and Super Mario Galaxy. That’s the initial lineup that’s been shared at least.

It seems as though the NVIDIA Shield is actually launching in China today. The device costs 1499 RMB.

Source 1 and Source 2

Update: NVIDIA Shield in China will also offer GameCube games, Nintendo titles run at 1080p

SHIELD owners in China will be able to download and play select Wii and Nintendo GameCube titles, with others coming soon – among them,Super Mario Galaxy. These amazing games have been provided to NVIDIA under license.

Source

Last edited by Shikamo - on 06 December 2017

     


(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Okay, now Nintendo can port this over to the Switch, please -- or we can wait for homebrew to do it.



sc94597 said:
Okay, now Nintendo can port this over to the Switch, please -- or we can wait for homebrew to do it.

Wii Classic Edition confirmed.



I hope this is in the cards world wide on Switch. I'd be down for portable Mario Galaxy, NSMB, etc.

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 05 December 2017

wait, how much is this in USD?



Around the Network

If the Nvidia shield can run the games that well....cant wait to build my PC next year :)!

 

Edit: Wait, now that I think of it....if they are showcasing it , does that mean Wii emulation is possible on the Switch in the future :O. Strange that Nintendo allowed their games to be run on the Shield unless this is just PC emulation of the Wii.

 

 

Regardless, Super Mario Galaxy 1 + 2 HD please.

 

StarOcean said:
wait, how much is this in USD?


According to google, RMB to USD Wise - it would be $230 rounded.



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

StarOcean said:
wait, how much is this in USD?

something around U$226



     


(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
BasilZero said:

If the Nvidia shield can run the games that well....cant wait to build my PC next year :)!

 

Edit: Wait, now that I think of it....if they are showcasing it , does that mean Wii emulation is possible on the Switch in the future :O. Strange that Nintendo allowed their games to be run on the Shield unless this is just PC emulation of the Wii.

 

 

Regardless, Super Mario Galaxy 1 + 2 HD please.

 

StarOcean said:
wait, how much is this in USD?


According to google, RMB to USD Wise - it would be $230 rounded.

 

Shikamo said:
StarOcean said:
wait, how much is this in USD?

something around U$226

Maybe I'll get it someday then 



Meanwhile I've never even played Twilight Princess. This is fucked up, yo



sc94597 said:
Okay, now Nintendo can port this over to the Switch, please -- or we can wait for homebrew to do it.

the Shield uses the same SoC as the Switch, they should be able to run the same code