Forums - General Discussion - Terry Crews should not be ignored

https://www.bet.com/celebrities/news/2017/11/30/terry-crews.html

 

It's a shame how he has received no attention for the sexual harassment committed towards him. While others gain media spotlight, his story was brushed to the side. In all honesty, I believe people are not taking his story seriously due to him being a black male.

 

If we want to truly end the sexual harassment taking place in the toxic atmosphere of Hollywood, then women shouldn't be the only ones given attention.

 

"In February of last year, Crews and his wife attended a party at the home of Adam Sandler in the Hollywood Hills. There, he met Adam Venit, an industry power player who was Sandler’s agent and the head of the motion picture division at mega-agency William Morris Endeavor. “He’s connected to probably everyone I know in the business,” Crews said about the agent, who represents not only Sandler, but Oscar winners Emma Stone, Diane Keaton, Eddie Murphy and many others. “I did not know this man. I have never had a conversation with him, ever. … The first time I ever had an interaction with him was at this event.”

Crews said Venit stared at him from a distance and stuck out his tongue in an “overtly sexual” manner before approaching him. “I stick my hand out and he literally takes his hand and puts it, squeezes my genitals,” he recalled. “And I jump back like, ‘Hey, hey!’ … I go, ‘Dude, what are you doing?'” It didn’t stop there. “And then he comes back again and he just won’t stop,” Crews recalled on GMA. “I have never felt more emasculated, more objectified. I was horrified. I went over to Adam [Sandler] right then and there and said, ‘Man, come get your boy. What is his problem?'”

Crews says for a split second he considered fighting Venit, but held himself back: “‘240 lbs. Black Man stomps out Hollywood Honcho’ would be the headline the next day,” he wrote. “Only I probably wouldn’t have been able to read it because I WOULD HAVE BEEN IN JAIL. So we left.” "

 

This is simply awful, and I believe Crews' story should definitely be talked about more. I condemn all sexual harassment, but I've always believed sexual harassment of any kind towards males has always been degraded (and almost turned into a joke). Hopefully Terry Crews goes back to rallying to raise awareness and support.

 

There's no benefit in pointing fingers and making this political. It's 2017, and I think Crews is perfectly capable in making his story heard more and letting people know sexual harassment towards men is as awful as harassment towards women. Him and the other men and women need to continue to prove that Hollywood is a shithole that must be exposed.



Around the Network

What's wrong Layton, dude? Everybody knows that sexual harassment against males is a myth. It doesn't happen!


But in all seriousness, I think it died down because there's no name or face to tie to this thing. I think if we had those, the situation would be a bit different, probably not by much though. I thought I read something about crews holding the information back on who it was, or something. He needs to tell us who it was if he remembers his face, which I guarantee he would based on what happened.

Hell, they won't even get on Roy Moore for his allegations against him and we have names and faces for those who were violated, I don't see much happening for a case without any leads.



I would have been so tempted to knock some teeth out if I were Crews. That'd get him in trouble of course but it would have been sweet... Not as sweet as taking a hidden camera and catching this Venit guy in the act. Would have been great to expose the guy!

I love Terry Crews, I wish him the best.



Ljink96 said:
What's wrong Layton, dude? Everybody knows that sexual harassment against males is a myth. It doesn't happen!


But in all seriousness, I think it died down because there's no name or face to tie to this thing. I think if we had those, the situation would be a bit different, probably not by much though. I thought I read something about crews holding the information back on who it was, or something. He needs to tell us who it was if he remembers his face, which I guarantee he would based on what happened.

Hell, they won't even get on Roy Moore for his allegations against him and we have names and faces for those who were violated, I don't see much happening for a case without any leads.

The article says he knows the name - Adam venit. At this point he should be held responsible for his actions

KLAMarine said:
I would have been so tempted to knock some teeth out if I were Crews. That'd get him in trouble of course but it would have been sweet... Not as sweet as taking a hidden camera and catching this Venit guy in the act. Would have been great to expose the guy!

I love Terry Crews, I wish him the best.

Crews says for a split second he considered fighting Venit, but held himself back: “‘240 lbs. Black Man stomps out Hollywood Honcho’ would be the headline the next day,” he wrote. “Only I probably wouldn’t have been able to read it because I WOULD HAVE BEEN IN JAIL. So we left.” "

 

Really sad because I wouldn't be surprised if a surge of "I'm not racist, but..." comments unleashed if he hit the dude. Crews was in a bad spot, but now he shouldn't look back.



Probably because it sounds fake.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:
Ljink96 said:
What's wrong Layton, dude? Everybody knows that sexual harassment against males is a myth. It doesn't happen!


But in all seriousness, I think it died down because there's no name or face to tie to this thing. I think if we had those, the situation would be a bit different, probably not by much though. I thought I read something about crews holding the information back on who it was, or something. He needs to tell us who it was if he remembers his face, which I guarantee he would based on what happened.

Hell, they won't even get on Roy Moore for his allegations against him and we have names and faces for those who were violated, I don't see much happening for a case without any leads.

The article says he knows the name - Adam venit. At this point he should be held responsible for his actions


Oh duh, I sat there and read the article and skipped his name. Well, if this isn't escalating then who knows why it isn't moving forward. Maybe he has connections or something. If you've got the right connections, anything can go down sadly.



huh, no idea who he is by name, but I do recognise him.

I agree though that he shouldn't be ignored. Sounds pretty bad what happened to him too, think he would have been fully justified to punch the guy in the face. Respect to him for holding back!



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Hollywood needs to be carpet bombed honestly. There are too many vile creatures up there



Ka-pi96 said:
huh, no idea who he is by name, but I do recognise him.

I agree though that he shouldn't be ignored. Sounds pretty bad what happened to him too, think he would have been fully justified to punch the guy in the face. Respect to him for holding back!

He had a short stint in the NFL, but he's more well known for his acting career and appearances in Old Spice (hygiene company) products.

He's very outspoken. He spent a lot of time exposing the NFL for prescribing painkillers too much, ignoring CTE issues, and several other problems existing that make it a dangerous sports league. Hopefully now he chooses to stand up for himself and continue to attack hollywood.



Yeah, I was wondering why a pretty big actor like crews didn't get much spotlight over his sexual harassment situation