Forums - General Discussion - When will sales of VR headsets be tracked?

With the PSVR basically replacing Sonys handheld system this gen (at least in terms of software support) and sales increasing with mostly extremly positive impressions from people that own or tried high end VR yet, when will this site start to track VR Headset sales?

Last edited by habam - on 02 December 2017

Around the Network

If PSVR gets tracked then HTC Vive and Oculus Rift also should be tracked.



The site doesn't track sales of accessories. It's too bad there isn't a game bundled with every sold unit like there was with the Wii Fit (which still didn't track every sale once the Wii Fit was available separately later on).



axumblade said:
The site doesn't track sales of accessories. It's too bad there isn't a game bundled with every sold unit like there was with the Wii Fit (which still didn't track every sale once the Wii Fit was available separately later on).

Makes actually sense.



axumblade said:
The site doesn't track sales of accessories. It's too bad there isn't a game bundled with every sold unit like there was with the Wii Fit (which still didn't track every sale once the Wii Fit was available separately later on).

well the game PSVR Worlds is bundled with some VR devices (the software is often in software top 20 in the UK because of that).

 

The game is tracked at 0,00 units here thogh, so there is something off.

 

The PSVR/VR devices in general (also Rift, Vive und WMR) arnt just an accessorie to a console though but seperate own plattforms with seperate games and completly different gameplay. Price is also similar to a full console. Definitly not something like the Kinect, Balance Board or Eyetoy.



Around the Network

Meh, VGC's numbers wouldn't mean much anyway. Considering that PSVR's volumes will be much lower than the popular consoles, the margin of error would probably be even higher than it is for those.

Just pay attention to occasional NPD leaks, Gfk and Media Create mentions, as well as official announcements from Sony and you are as golden as you can get.



Teeqoz said:
Meh, VGC's numbers wouldn't mean much anyway. Considering that PSVR's volumes will be much lower than the popular consoles, the margin of error would probably be even higher than it is for those.

Just pay attention to occasional NPD leaks, Gfk and Media Create mentions, as well as official announcements from Sony and you are as golden as you can get.

This!

If PSVR keeps ahead of its competitors, Sony will let us know at least once a year.



habam said:
axumblade said:
The site doesn't track sales of accessories. It's too bad there isn't a game bundled with every sold unit like there was with the Wii Fit (which still didn't track every sale once the Wii Fit was available separately later on).

well the game PSVR Worlds is bundled with some VR devices (the software is often in software top 20 in the UK because of that).

 

The game is tracked at 0,00 units here thogh, so there is something off.

 

The PSVR/VR devices in general (also Rift, Vive und WMR) arnt just an accessorie to a console though but seperate own plattforms with seperate games and completly different gameplay. Price is also similar to a full console. Definitly not something like the Kinect, Balance Board or Eyetoy.

So you can play them separately on their own?



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Ka-pi96 said:

So you can play them separately on their own?

Can you play your Ps4 completly separately on its own? So without a TV ?



habam said:
Ka-pi96 said:

So you can play them separately on their own?

Can you play your Ps4 completly separately on its own? So without a TV ?

You can actually. You may not be able to see what's going on.... but you still can



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702