Forums - Politics Discussion - Washington Post foils Project Veritas "string"

Is James O'Keefe a turd nozzle?

Yes 8 61.54%
 
Yes 1 7.69%
 
Yes 0 0.00%
 
Yes 4 30.77%
 
Yes 0 0.00%
 
Total:13

Link

Non-Paywall article if you can't access The Washington Post

"A failed effort to dupe The Washington Post into publishing a woman’s fabricated account of underage sex with Roy Moore represents the latest entry on a list of schemes that attempted to expose fake news in the mainstream media and wound up doing the opposite.

The Post’s Shawn Boburg, Aaron C. Davis and Alice Crites reported Monday that a woman who appears to have been working for Project Veritas, the conservative activist group run by James O’Keefe, approached the newspaper with a false claim that she had an abortion at age 15 after Moore impregnated her.

As Boburg, Davis and Crites wrote, “the group’s efforts illustrate the lengths far-right activists have gone to try to discredit media outlets for reporting on allegations from multiple women that Moore pursued them when they were teenagers and he was in his early 30s.”

Instead of discrediting prior reporting, however, the botched sting showcased the journalistic rigor that news outlets such as The Post exercise before publishing accusations like those against Moore, the Republican Senate candidate from Alabama."

This is absolutely nuts. These psychos really want a pedophilia over a democrat at any cost. Party over country.

Last edited by TargaryenVers2 - on 27 November 2017

(Formerly RCTjunkie)

Around the Network

Should've titled it "Fake rape allegations against Moore reported on Washington Post". Clickbaity, but it'd be hilarious to see what the results would be. With a decent amount of users typically never actually reading the article or post, we'd see some...interesting responses



Would like to be able to read it, but it's behind a paywall.



monocle_layton said:
Should've titled it "Fake rape allegations against Moore reported on Washington Post". Clickbaity, but it'd be hilarious to see what the results would be. With a decent amount of users typically never actually reading the article or post, we'd see some...interesting responses

Dang, that would've been really funny! Is it too late to change it?



(Formerly RCTjunkie)

Thought this was like an announcement thread for a TV show based on the manhwa named Veritas.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veritas_(manhwa)


Disappointed when I found it was in politics -.-.



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

Around the Network
RJ_Sizzle said:
Would like to be able to read it, but it's behind a paywall.

You can try incognito. I'll add another article that isn't behind a paywall as well



(Formerly RCTjunkie)

Project Veritas are some of the scummiest people in the business. Nothing that they say should ever be taken seriously. They have shown themselves willing to blatantly lie and twist words to fulfill their agenda, between being just generally unethical and all around horrible people.



TargaryenVers2 said:
RJ_Sizzle said:
Would like to be able to read it, but it's behind a paywall.

You can try incognito. I'll add another article that isn't behind a paywall as well

Thanks. Just read the story. This is pretty damn appalling and scary. Why are these people trying to go to bat so hard for this creepster? They're trying to poison the well coming up with these bullshit gotcha stories, and now they're the ones in the crosshairs. That shit backfired hard. But, I doubt it will matter, the people that Veritas caters to left their scruples behind long ago. With no sense of ethics holding them back, anything goes.



sundin13 said:
Project Veritas are some of the scummiest people in the business. Nothing that they say should ever be taken seriously. They have shown themselves willing to blatantly lie and twist words to fulfill their agenda, between being just generally unethical and all around horrible people.

ya... and CNN, Foxnews, MSNBC, NYT or WAPO NEVER EVER do that.....



End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

TargaryenVers2 said:
monocle_layton said:
Should've titled it "Fake rape allegations against Moore reported on Washington Post". Clickbaity, but it'd be hilarious to see what the results would be. With a decent amount of users typically never actually reading the article or post, we'd see some...interesting responses

Dang, that would've been really funny! Is it too late to change it?

Don't sweat it. It's too late, but we may stumble upon something else soon

bigjon said:
sundin13 said:
Project Veritas are some of the scummiest people in the business. Nothing that they say should ever be taken seriously. They have shown themselves willing to blatantly lie and twist words to fulfill their agenda, between being just generally unethical and all around horrible people.

ya... and CNN, Foxnews, MSNBC, NYT or WAPO NEVER EVER do that.....

Damn, that whataboutism is back at it. Almost as if a 'tu quoque' argument only ignores the issue at hand.