Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Beat Previous Black Friday Weeks Except 2013 (UK)

Black Friday week sees various software titles affected by huge promotions, most of which are hardware driven. Entertainment Software unit sales climb +89% over last week and +53% by revenue and this is the biggest week of the year so far for both units and revenue. On console hardware and looking specifically at combined sales units of PS4 and Xbox One hardware, this Black Friday week was more successful than last year, up around 3% compared to week 47, 2016. Standout success on PS4 hardware specifically which beat all previous PS4 Black Friday weeks except for Black Friday 2013 (week 48) which was also PS4 launch week. Official Hard Bundles for PS4 and Xbox One reached a new high this year, accounting for over 83% of all PS4/Xbox One hardware units sold this week.

https://ukie.org.uk/news/2017/11/call-duty-wwii-retains-top-spot-fourth-week



 

The PS5 Exists. 


Around the Network

I thought people would have jumped all over this. You have to remember that when assessing which console sold better on Black Friday that the UK (and I think Germany) are also now part of that assessment. 



 

The PS5 Exists. 


so if i remember correctly last year PS4 sold 142k during black friday week in the UK. that means it sold more than that this year? if i remember right launch numbers for PS4 were 240k, and i doubt any week in the UK would ever manage to beat that.



bananaking21 said:
so if i remember correctly last year PS4 sold 142k during black friday week in the UK. that means it sold more than that this year? if i remember right launch numbers for PS4 were 240k, and i doubt any week in the UK would ever manage to beat that.

Nah last year was crap according to VGC anyway. 2015 might be what you're thinking of.

2017 - Over 138k, Less than 251k.
2016 - 80k
2015 - 138k
2014 - 117k
2013 - 251k

 

Big increase YoY anyway, and with 2017 already having a very sizeable lead on 2016 this is looking very good indeed. 20m+ year is possible.



LTD: PS4 - 125m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 51m

2020: PS4 - 9m, Switch - 22.5m, XBO - 2.5m, PS5 - 4.5m, XBX - 2.8m

Barkley said:
bananaking21 said:
so if i remember correctly last year PS4 sold 142k during black friday week in the UK. that means it sold more than that this year? if i remember right launch numbers for PS4 were 240k, and i doubt any week in the UK would ever manage to beat that.

Nah last year was crap according to VGC anyway. 2015 might be what you're thinking of.

2017 - Over 138k, Less than 251k.
2016 - 80k
2015 - 138k
2014 - 117k
2013 - 251k

 

Big increase YoY anyway, and with 2017 already having a very sizeable lead on 2016 this is looking very good indeed. 20m+ year is possible.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/black-friday-uk-ps4-enjoys-most-successful-uk-week-33370047/?page=1

 

it sold 142k in 2016 and 139k in 2015. this just shows how meaningless and useless VGC "data" is. 



Around the Network

Close to 200k then! Such enormous sales for one country!



Looking forward to Sony's next sales update. I'm sure they'll smash their projected sales.



GribbleGrunger said:

I thought people would have jumped all over this. You have to remember that when assessing which console sold better on Black Friday that the UK (and I think Germany) are also now part of that assessment. 

According to who? Black friday is a american holiday and thus the american sales of consoles is what really matters when you look at this particular day. 



X1Gates said:

According to who? Black friday is a american holiday and thus the american sales of consoles is what really matters when you look at this particular day. 

According to reality and facts. Did you even look at the thread you are in?



 

The PS5 Exists. 


Very good sales PS4... globally it wasn't ever a question if PS4 would win November or even BF.
Still waiting for reports of BF and CM on USA.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994