Honestly, I'm having a pretty hard time waiting for The Ballad of the Champions. After more than 250 hours into BotW (all Shrines, Divine Beasts and Armors completed, still 600+ Korok Seeds to get), I still find joy in jumping into the game from time to time and running, climbing and paragliding through Hyrule. It's such an accesible, enjoyable and fun way to spend my time! The Hero's Path give me clues about where to explore (places where I haven't been, mostly) and it's nice to find new Petraroks or Hinoxs in order to get the Monster Badges from the Monster Shop. But, even if jumping into BotW is easier and more appealing than playing any other game in my PS4, Wii U, PS3 or 360, I'm starting to need MORE than what I've done up to now, and since there are so many possibilities in the game (and since the wait is killing me), I find myself thinking from time to time what the new DLC will feature and what I'd love to see in it. So, if you're as "desperate" for it as I am, join me on this "elucubration" thread and lets make the wait easier! These are my expectations for The Ballad of the Champions... What are yours...? =)
1. Rebuild Hyrule!: Or, at least, Hyrule Castle & Hyrule Castle Town. I think the DLC will let us rebuild Hyrule Castle and Hyrule Castle Town. Or, at least, if it doesn't allow us to rebuild them through missions, it will feature "rebuilded versions" of these two places. We've seen these in their old glory both in the trailers and in the memories so, if the 3D models are there... why not use them? Also, [SPOILER] the "true ending" shows Zelda saying something like "it's time for us to restore Hyrule to it's former glory"[/SPOILER]. So... This is one of my "saffe bets" for the DLC.
2. 12 new Shrines (or something similar): After completing the 120 Shrines, you're still 12 Spirit Orbs away from having both Health and Stamina at its maximun level. So I'm pretty sure the DLC will include either 12 new shrines or 12 new missions/methods to get these last Orbs in order to let us totally upgrade Link.
3. A new dungeon!: Well... this was confirmed by Aounuma itself when the Expansion Pass was announced, so we can count with, at least, one new "proper" dungeon in the DLC.
4. New Bosses and Enemies: The new dungeon must come with it's own new boss, and of course we will get a "proper" final boss afthr that one... Or a second form, at least. I think (or, more precisely, "hope") that we will also get new overworld and dungeon enemies. It would be pretty dissapointing if we don't get anything new after the considerabily low number of enemies and enemy variations in the original game =P
5. DLC2 goes Full Yiga: I think the Yiga will play a bigger, prominent role in the DLC. As in Zelda: II, where Ganon's followers were trying to revive him and you were given the mission to stop them, in BotW the Yiga are still out there after killing his "leader" and, in fact, they become more present and agressive. I think the main plot will give them something similar to that role (reviving Ganon), and I also think that we will see new Yiga characters too. We may even have to face them in several ways in the new main and side missions.
1. Make Link Dive Again!: Zelda:BotW 7/10 too much water BUT YOU CANT ACTUALLY DIVE OR GET SOME NICE IRON BOOTS TO EXPLORE THE DEEPS OF THE BIG WATER BODIES OF HYRULE! I'd love if DLC2 features something like MM's Zora Mask in order to navigate more fluently through rivers, lakes and seas, or at least Iron Boots to reach the bottom of these places, but I think it is unlikely that the developers would add that since many of these bottoms are probably "underdeveloped" (they might not even exist, for the deeper ones) and reshaping/creating them would imply a lot of work for them. Still, having that much new "terrain" to explore (water boddies are almost 40% of Hyrule in BotW!) would be an awesome addition that could expand the Zora's role in the game with new missions, minigames and possibilities everywhere. Althoug a "wish" more than a "safe bet", something inside me tells me that this might be included in DLC2
2. Make Link Fly Again!: Since the 2nd DLC content will only be accesible post-game, when most of us will have already explored almost everything in the map, it would be great to allow us to "get back our Loftwings", or something similar (like a new ability from the Rito that lets us fly) in order to traverse Hyrule through the sky... with all the new possibilities this implies; new minigames, new "air races", new role for the Rito... It's even more unlikely to happen than the diving thing, but I'd truly love it.
3. Let us REALLY rebuild Hyrule: My safe bet is that Hyrule Castle and Hyrule Castle Town will be rebuilt, one way or another, in the 2nd DLC. But what I'd really love (and I think it's unlikely to happen) is to have the chance to rebuild every single ruin (or, at least, every single "ruinned village") in Hyrule. I've found ruined settlements even in Death Mountain's hillsides, so it would be great to have NPC's tasking you with different kinds of missions in order to rebuild their old villages, towns, settlements, posts, etc.
4. Bring back classic enemies!: I really missed, Darknuts, Iron Knucles, Tektites, Armored Stalfos and many other enemies in BotW. Even if BotW Lynels have become my favourite Zelda Enemy ever, having Darknut with such well crafted behaviors would be awesome. I really hope they make a comeback in the 2nd DLC, but I find it unlikely since I don't see how could they fit in this new lore of BotW Hyrule (if they were to appear in the game we should have seen them, or got somee clues about them, in the main game memories, quests, etc.).
5. Hookshot?: The developers already said in an interview that they didn't saw how to include the hookshoot without "breaking the basics" of BotW Gameplay. Well... like what I said with the "flying" thing, since the 2nd DLC is post-game content we will have already climb as many walls and hillsides as possible, so getting a hookshot will make things easier and less repetitive after beating the initial "campaign".
And... that's all =D
I want to hear/read what you're expecting (and wishing) from BotW DLC2. Leave it down here and let's make the wait easier! =D