Forums - Movies Discussion - Who saw Justice League? Who loved it, who did not? [Spoiler sort of] Weekend Box office predictions? Only needs 600 million to break even!

Will Justice League do better than Wonder Woman?

No 15 62.50%
 
Yes 2 8.33%
 
Bout the same 3 12.50%
 
Other Post below 4 16.67%
 
Total:24

I really liked it, but cannot say that I loved it.

 

Spoiler...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Batman is underutilzed. Plus none of his plans really felt like they really came through. That is his strength, not that he is rich.

 

Besides that, the movie was not long, they did not try to jam too much into it, and there was no really glaring discrepancies. I just wish Batman was used more.

 

How about you?

 

8.2/10

 

 

I want to say 125 million or more. Boxoffice mojo is saying about 118 million, but I think word of mouth will be better than it was for BvS. Still needs 600 million approx WW just to break even assuming the 300 million that Wikipedia says it cost to make is budget only and not including Marketing.

The 2 hour play time will help get more showings if that helps. I think there was less advertisements for this movie compared to BvS as well. That was a much larger event. If that 300 million does not include Marketing then they will need at least 200 more million to actually break even. It seems most big budget movies have a 100 to 200 million Marketing budget. I am hoping this one is closer to 100 million.

Wonder Woman had a great WoM and a small budget. so the 821 million it made was an easy win for the movie. If Justice League truly cost 300 million then it will need all of that same 821 million just to break even, perhaps more.

 

Your thoughts? Anyone have any more accurate data to share?

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League_(film)

Budget***

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4345&p=.htm

Boxoffice mojo weekend prediction domestic.

Last edited by spurgeonryan - on 17 November 2017

    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network

Mixed bag. The movie was good, but I would rate it bad. I would rate it bad solely on its runtime and score. You could clearly tell many times where a scene was missing or cut short. When watchign BvS in theaters I couldn't quite place why the movie wasn't amazing, but as soon as I saw the extended cut I realized why. This Justice League though I could clearly tell the movie was suffering by being under 2 hours. I hope they have an extended cut. As for score. I don't remember it at all. Not one part of the music stood out for me in the movie. Never did I get goosebumps for some epic scene, and there were some epic scenes.

Heck on part of the movie was just pure amazing, yet I didn't get goosebumps. Think of Man of Steel. The scene were Superman is fighting the machine in India or where and he stands up and does the cliche yell and one last attack to beat it. It was the music accompanying that scene that gives one goosebumps, because as I said, it was cliche. You knew what was going to happne, you have seen in a million thing. Or the speech in Armageddon. Great speach sure, but the music with it gives one goosebumps every time. Goosebumps come with an accompanied score. Think of all other epic moments in movies that give you goosebumps and pump you up, and it is always accompanied by an epic score at the same time. This movie didn't have it. The best score the entire movie had was the first five minutes during the superman is dead, world is bad montage and the song with lyrics, and I usually hate songs with lyrics in movies like this.

But the movie has good bones. Cyborg was probably my favorite of the new 3 characters. Flash had a couple lines that just were too cheezy and bad for me. Aquaman just was a bit not concrete yet. Couldn't tell if he was a serious guy or a dude bro or what at times. None of those 3 were ruined though in any way. I'm excited to see them all in later movies.

Was it just me or where there like 5 minutes worth of just footage cut from the trailers alone not in this movie?

But its weird. I would rate this movie say a 6/10, and say rate Guardians of the Galaxy and 7/10, yet I liked this movie more than Guardians. It was a better movie, yet the fact that it could have been so much more makes one rate it lower. 


******* SPOILERS *********
Beyond the movies technical flaws, my two biggest gripes were probably the ending fight with Superman and Wonder Woman stuff. As for Wonder Woman, there were a few times where it was just such a glaring cut to her randomly like to play on her popularity of her movie. Like when all the heroes save Batman, he is like "this is not hte plan" and they say thank wonder woman. Then it randomly cuts to her and she gives that smirk you see in the trailers. It was just so ackward. She had a few other moments like that, where it felt like she was shoe horned in.

As for Superman fight at end. First his entrance was just stupid as F. He does some stupid ass one liner to the villain. I mean you have this finale fight going on and SUperman finally shows up and his reveal is a one liner? Really?

Then he was super OP in the final fight. Stepenwolfe stood no chance against him. The other 5 were losing to him when teaming up, yet superman can take him on without even trying. Superman is my fav superhero, so it's not that I'm upset he is amazing, but I want a fight to have some effort in it. Also they brightened his suit way too much in a couple of those scenes. I'm not against a more classic red/blue suit, but some scenes he looked like he almost glowed, like they up the contrast/brightness huge on his suit only and left the rest of the scene dark.

******* SPOILER ***********

Really most of all of my dislike is down to I beleive just pure editing. Not saying Wheden screwed up, but that he probably had no chance. From what I've heard there was like 4 hours of footage basically, and some big WB guy said it had to be under 2 hours. I don't care who you are, you can't make a great movie by cutting the material in half and hoping that the story is as smooth.



irstupid said:

Mixed bag. The movie was good, but I would rate it bad. I would rate it bad solely on its runtime and score. You could clearly tell many times where a scene was missing or cut short. When watchign BvS in theaters I couldn't quite place why the movie wasn't amazing, but as soon as I saw the extended cut I realized why. This Justice League though I could clearly tell the movie was suffering by being under 2 hours. I hope they have an extended cut. As for score. I don't remember it at all. Not one part of the music stood out for me in the movie. Never did I get goosebumps for some epic scene, and there were some epic scenes.

Heck on part of the movie was just pure amazing, yet I didn't get goosebumps. Think of Man of Steel. The scene were Superman is fighting the machine in India or where and he stands up and does the cliche yell and one last attack to beat it. It was the music accompanying that scene that gives one goosebumps, because as I said, it was cliche. You knew what was going to happne, you have seen in a million thing. Or the speech in Armageddon. Great speach sure, but the music with it gives one goosebumps every time. Goosebumps come with an accompanied score. Think of all other epic moments in movies that give you goosebumps and pump you up, and it is always accompanied by an epic score at the same time. This movie didn't have it. The best score the entire movie had was the first five minutes during the superman is dead, world is bad montage and the song with lyrics, and I usually hate songs with lyrics in movies like this.

But the movie has good bones. Cyborg was probably my favorite of the new 3 characters. Flash had a couple lines that just were too cheezy and bad for me. Aquaman just was a bit not concrete yet. Couldn't tell if he was a serious guy or a dude bro or what at times. None of those 3 were ruined though in any way. I'm excited to see them all in later movies.

Was it just me or where there like 5 minutes worth of just footage cut from the trailers alone not in this movie?

But its weird. I would rate this movie say a 6/10, and say rate Guardians of the Galaxy and 7/10, yet I liked this movie more than Guardians. It was a better movie, yet the fact that it could have been so much more makes one rate it lower. 


******* SPOILERS *********
Beyond the movies technical flaws, my two biggest gripes were probably the ending fight with Superman and Wonder Woman stuff. As for Wonder Woman, there were a few times where it was just such a glaring cut to her randomly like to play on her popularity of her movie. Like when all the heroes save Batman, he is like "this is not hte plan" and they say thank wonder woman. Then it randomly cuts to her and she gives that smirk you see in the trailers. It was just so ackward. She had a few other moments like that, where it felt like she was shoe horned in.

As for Superman fight at end. First his entrance was just stupid as F. He does some stupid ass one liner to the villain. I mean you have this finale fight going on and SUperman finally shows up and his reveal is a one liner? Really?

Then he was super OP in the final fight. Stepenwolfe stood no chance against him. The other 5 were losing to him when teaming up, yet superman can take him on without even trying. Superman is my fav superhero, so it's not that I'm upset he is amazing, but I want a fight to have some effort in it. Also they brightened his suit way too much in a couple of those scenes. I'm not against a more classic red/blue suit, but some scenes he looked like he almost glowed, like they up the contrast/brightness huge on his suit only and left the rest of the scene dark.

******* SPOILER ***********

Really most of all of my dislike is down to I beleive just pure editing. Not saying Wheden screwed up, but that he probably had no chance. From what I've heard there was like 4 hours of footage basically, and some big WB guy said it had to be under 2 hours. I don't care who you are, you can't make a great movie by cutting the material in half and hoping that the story is as smooth.

If I had to rank it,  and I am biased towards BvS just because I always wanted to see that battle,  I would rank them as follows. 

 

Not including MoS because I do not think that was supposed to be part of the universe,  it just ended up being like that due to it doing well at theaters. 

 

Wonder Woman

Justice League,  just barely over BvS, (see above)

BvS

Way down below,  Suicide Squad,  anyone could have made that a good movie other than whoever made it. So much potential!

 

Justice League was short,  very short and they did not even try to jam too much into it like BvS. I do not know if it was the budget that made them rush or what. I would have been happy with 15 more minutes of extra if that would have helped it. Altogether I had a decent time, but just that. I was happy to an extent. They still have a long ways to go to fix this universe though. 



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Gonna see it tomorrow night, I don't know what to expect tbh.



spurgeonryan said:

If I had to rank it,  and I am biased towards BvS just because I always wanted to see that battle,  I would rank them as follows. 

Not including MoS because I do not think that was supposed to be part of the universe,  it just ended up being like that due to it doing well at theaters. 

Wonder Woman

Justice League,  just barely over BvS, (see above)

BvS

Way down below,  Suicide Squad,  anyone could have made that a good movie other than whoever made it. So much potential!

Justice League was short,  very short and they did not even try to jam too much into it like BvS. I do not know if it was the budget that made them rush or what. I would have been happy with 15 more minutes of extra if that would have helped it. Altogether I had a decent time, but just that. I was happy to an extent. They still have a long ways to go to fix this universe though. 

MoS was always meant to be the start. But I would rate the movies as such as of now. 

MOS > BvS > Wonder Woman > Justice League >>>>>>>> Suicide Squad

Justice League could become #2 depending on the extended cut if we get one. I think it was a great finish to the DC start up/superman origin trilogy.

Wonder Woman would be tied with BvS if it ended differently. After she beat Ares (her fight with Ares needed better CGI) it was stupid as F that the soldiers then started hugging and everything like they were friends. Would have been a great story if they continued fighting and would have made sense for her whole "she left the world because man is not good" It would have fit with the Ares talk of he didn't make them evil, he just whispered ideas and they were the ones that put into motion, ect. But no, she beats the bad guy and everyone is friends. Stupid 

 

******* SPOILERS *******

But so so glad at the post post credit scene. Deathstroke looked amazing and so glad they are keeping that Lex Luthor. I like him. 

But I really like what they can do with the DCEU. Avengers 1 did not set up Thanos good. They basically set him up like a post credit scene. DC though, even though you just hear darkseid's name once, in the end Steppenwolf and the parademons, boxes, ect are all him. It's a good story telling without telling the story. You know what I mean. They are starting to tell us of this other bad group without having to tell us everything at once. We got steppenwolf, parademons, motherboxes this movie. Some hints by mentioning Darkseid, New gods, ect, but only in like words. To the casual watcher they wouldn't even hear those words probably. But when later we get our darkseid movie, they can do more, such as go more into the new gods, his mother, the furies, ect without say tossing too much at us at once, since we already got introduced to so much already. 

I mean think of the Thanos fight without the Guardians movies. The Guardians movies helped the Avengers Thanos movie 1000x more than the rest of the Marvel movies combined. 

 

Then with Lex and the Legion or Injustice, whatever they call themselves. They are setting it up now. Say after Aquaman you get Black Manta to join, or after WW you get Cheetah, or Gr odd after Flash, ect. Slowly build up a team so that when Justice League 2 or 3 or whatever time comes, this is something that has been set up. Think of Marvel movies part 1. After each movie you had Director Fury recruit a new person until finally the Avengers. Here you can do the reverse. You have Lex recruit each movie until the legion of doom or injustice league. 

 

***** SPOILERS DONE ******



Around the Network

Seeing it tomorrow morning - very excited :)



MoS was a pile of boring shit. BvS was a bigger pile of shit. SS was a dino-sized pile of shit. Wonder Woman was somewhat decent. Still had no interest in JL. It just looks like another PoS.



SegataSanshiro said:
MoS was a pile of boring shit. BvS was a bigger pile of shit. SS was a dino-sized pile of shit. Wonder Woman was somewhat decent. Still had no interest in JL. It just looks like another PoS.

Well if you did not like any of them,  then yes,  I would suggest you never watch one again. 



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Quite an entertaining film, simple but entertaining the clash with Steppenwolfe was hectic.



I saw it and I loved it. I thought it was funny, but not to often and only at the right moment unlike Thor who felt way to much like a pure comedy. Some of the story elements felt weak tho. But overall, really enjoyable, the cgi altho not the lvl of quality of Marvel's were better than I expected.

Also I loved that after credit scene. The movie theatre litteraly applauded after seeing it. Got me hyped.

Would give it a solid 8/10.



 

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)