Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Forget ALL YOUR Predictions, Animal Crossing gonna SLAY!

Do I look like I care?

Uh.. chill bro... 9 20.00%
 
Dulfite trippin on duh good stuff man... 2 4.44%
 
Dulfite, don't smoke wha... 3 6.67%
 
对于&... 3 6.67%
 
Yea, I agree... 12 26.67%
 
It's predictions like th... 4 8.89%
 
This poll options are so ... 12 26.67%
 
Total:45

All ya'll talkin' 'bout how SMO or MK8 or ZeldaBOTW or SPLAT2N are gonna sell the most, I'm making my own prediction. Quote me on this 5 years from now or whatever.

When Nintendo unveils Animal Crossing Universe, it will destroy everything... EVERYTHING (other than one game)!!! MUWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Wild World is over 12 mil and New Leaf is closing in on 10 mil

City Folk (console version) was over 4 mil.

 

Switch version will probably unify the versions and tap into both of their selling power combined to go for 10-20 million units. This isn't a two way battle for the top, this is a three way battle. This is my prediction:

 

Animal Crossing will be the #2 selling game on the Switch lifetime, other than Pokemon (and that's only if they release a legit mainline pokemon game, otherwise Animal Crossing is 1st).

Deal with it



Around the Network

1.) A legit mainline Pokemon game was already confirmed at E3.

2.) What if there are two generations of Pokemon on Switch, like there were on DS and 3DS?



New Leaf is actually gonna end up outselling Wild World



Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Wild World is actually at 11.75 million and New Leaf is at 11.23 million



well i want it i havent played animal crossing since the GC version so i imagine the switch game will be a huge improvement and new experience for me



Around the Network
StarDoor said:
1.) A legit mainline Pokemon game was already confirmed at E3.

2.) What if there are two generations of Pokemon on Switch, like there were on DS and 3DS?

1) Legit, in my book, either means a new type of triple A budget open world game, or an HD new version of the handheld games. Pokemon Stadium or any other thing they may call "mainline" wouldn't count, but I get your point and i am inclined to agree that their definition of mainline is the same as ours.

2) Then they will canabolize each other.



Slarvax said:
New Leaf is actually gonna end up outselling Wild World

I agree, especially since the next mainline game won't be out until at least summer 2018 if not 2019. 



John19 said:
Wild World is actually at 11.75 million and New Leaf is at 11.23 million

Sorry, was looking at VGC numbers

1 Animal Crossing: Wild World DS 2005 Simulation Nintendo 2.50 3.45 5.33 0.86 12.13
2 Animal Crossing: New Leaf 3DS 2012 Simulation Nintendo 2.22 2.58 4.64 0.42 9.87
3 Animal Crossing: City Folk Wii 2008 Simulation Nintendo 1.83 1.12 1.32 0.36 4.63


Dulfite said:
StarDoor said:
1.) A legit mainline Pokemon game was already confirmed at E3.

2.) What if there are two generations of Pokemon on Switch, like there were on DS and 3DS?

1) Legit, in my book, either means a new type of triple A budget open world game, or an HD new version of the handheld games. Pokemon Stadium or any other thing they may call "mainline" wouldn't count, but I get your point and i am inclined to agree that their definition of mainline is the same as ours.

2) Then they will canabolize each other.

1.) At E3, it was specifically announced that Game Freak is developing a "core Pokemon RPG". Game Freak has literally never made a single Pokemon game other than the mainline titles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Freak#Gameography

2.) X/Y and Sun/Moon are going to sell over 16 million each, Diamond/Pearl and Black/White sold 17.67 million and 15.64 million respectively. If that's your idea of cannibalization, are you predicting that Animal Crossing is going to sell 16 million at minimum on Switch?



This is a tough one. I don't really disagree that it could be the biggest entry in the series .... I also think it will be in the top 6 best selling Switch games. But #2? Even Mario Odyssey has a realistic shot at selling as well or better than Animal Crossing Switch.

I think just about every Nintendo franchise will see a pretty drastic increase in total sales honestly.