Quantcast
Who else is playing FIFA Ultimate Team?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who else is playing FIFA Ultimate Team?

Let's discuss it! How's your team looking so far? Which tactics and players do you like? Which players do you want (but can't afford)?

And if you're on PS4, maybe we should have a match some time

 

Anyways, here's my team so far https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=RG5RbALLnM72r:FFA18PS4

Sterling is a brand new addition to my team, was grinding coins all day today to get that card to replace my regular Sterling (who I've still got, can't abandon a player who's played 90+ games for me, now can I? ). Haven't used Sigurdsson yet either. Bought him with the goal to make a profit when the price goes up, so rather than either selling him for a loss or endlessly re-listing him on the market, I might as well actually use him!

My long term goal is Aguero up front. If I didn't spend all my money on Sterling today maybe I'd be closer to that than I currently am, but oh well



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Around the Network

Looks like nobody is playing FUT here. I went with PES myclub this year after 3 years of FUT. Kind a miss Fifa now even though PES gameplay is much better, formations, tactics and player stats actually matter and feel alot different.

How is FUT this year? Is everyone still running the same boring Premier League teams with narrow formations? Is it all about pace&strenght again making players like Kroos, Xhaka, Giroud, David Silva & Özil useless?

Nice team you got there. I like to play possession game and pass the ball around and I had success with 433(2). When it clicked those two central midfielders occupied that number 10 space and it was fun to create chances. It would have been solid defensively but for some reason in Fifa 17 defensive midfielders always pushed forward and played as a second striker heh.

Narrow formations used to be the most effective in online play but damnit those were boring to play with. Ugly, sweaty goals. I like width so I mainly use both 4231 variants and 4411. I've never been good playing with two strikers in Fifa but in PES I'm having success with 442 wide diamond.



Played it for 2 weeks, then quit. Can't stand online FIFA and the AI in FUT is just bullshit. Career is so much better IMO.



poklane said:
Played it for 2 weeks, then quit. Can't stand online FIFA and the AI in FUT is just bullshit. Career is so much better IMO.

You really should try PES if you play against AI. It's so much better than Fifa, I'm actually enjoying playing it offline. Unfortunately PES online is horrible compared to Fifa.. that's why I probably have to crawl back to EA next year.



I just started it and I kinda regret not having the time to play it the way it's meant to.
Work and family and brand new Switch are seriously damaging my time with PS4.



Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
Looks like nobody is playing FUT here. I went with PES myclub this year after 3 years of FUT. Kind a miss Fifa now even though PES gameplay is much better, formations, tactics and player stats actually matter and feel alot different.

How is FUT this year? Is everyone still running the same boring Premier League teams with narrow formations? Is it all about pace&strenght again making players like Kroos, Xhaka, Giroud, David Silva & Özil useless?

Nice team you got there. I like to play possession game and pass the ball around and I had success with 433(2). When it clicked those two central midfielders occupied that number 10 space and it was fun to create chances. It would have been solid defensively but for some reason in Fifa 17 defensive midfielders always pushed forward and played as a second striker heh.

Narrow formations used to be the most effective in online play but damnit those were boring to play with. Ugly, sweaty goals. I like width so I mainly use both 4231 variants and 4411. I've never been good playing with two strikers in Fifa but in PES I'm having success with 442 wide diamond.

Barely played it online actually, so can't really comment too much. Pace definitely does seem to still be OP though.

I like to play a passing posession game as well, I usually dominate posession in most games, have difficulty actually getting the ball in the net though, especially online. Really annoying to finish a game with like 60%+ possesion and more shots on goal than the other team but to still lose. At the very least my defensive midfielder (Fernandinho or McCarthy) does actually focus on defence, so that's something.



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Ka-pi96 said:

Barely played it online actually, so can't really comment too much. Pace definitely does seem to still be OP though.

I like to play a passing posession game as well, I usually dominate posession in most games, have difficulty actually getting the ball in the net though, especially online. Really annoying to finish a game with like 60%+ possesion and more shots on goal than the other team but to still lose. At the very least my defensive midfielder (Fernandinho or McCarthy) does actually focus on defence, so that's something.

There's usually a certain type of shooting that's OP, you just have to find it. Last year it was the low shot by double tapping B across the keeper. Year before it was finesse in the box all the way. Long shots used to be very effective too if your opponet gives you enough space. Of course sometimes it's just random and your Aguero will miss the open net 3 times in one match while your opponent's Musa keeps banging them in from impossible positions :)

I know this is a thread about FUT but I still have to mention I just spinned Toni Kroos in myClub. I didn't have time to try him but he should be brilliant. It always made me sad how bad he was in FUT mainly because he's so slow and passing stats don't mean shit in Fifa.



KiigelHeart said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Barely played it online actually, so can't really comment too much. Pace definitely does seem to still be OP though.

I like to play a passing posession game as well, I usually dominate posession in most games, have difficulty actually getting the ball in the net though, especially online. Really annoying to finish a game with like 60%+ possesion and more shots on goal than the other team but to still lose. At the very least my defensive midfielder (Fernandinho or McCarthy) does actually focus on defence, so that's something.

There's usually a certain type of shooting that's OP, you just have to find it. Last year it was the low shot by double tapping B across the keeper. Year before it was finesse in the box all the way. Long shots used to be very effective too if your opponet gives you enough space. Of course sometimes it's just random and your Aguero will miss the open net 3 times in one match while your opponent's Musa keeps banging them in from impossible positions :)

I know this is a thread about FUT but I still have to mention I just spinned Toni Kroos in myClub. I didn't have time to try him but he should be brilliant. It always made me sad how bad he was in FUT mainly because he's so slow and passing stats don't mean shit in Fifa.

I remember finesse shots have often been OP as well. eh, my main method for goals is getting one of my wingers away down the side and doing a low cross in to the box, my midfielders are my highest scorers because of that though. Got more goals with Ramsay than any striker on my team

Grats on getting Kroos, hope he does well for you! I've only played PES 2014 (free with PS+!) but never touched the myClub mode (don't even know if they had it back then), but does it include past players as well? Icons on PS4 was a big part of the reason I'm playing so much FUT this year actually

Not sure about passing stats not meaning shit in FIFA though, only got 1 game in with Sigurdsoon before he got injured (typical ), but his insanely high passing stats did look like they made a difference. His dribbling stats meant a lot as well despite his slow speed. Was able to dribble round players quite often (which is something I find pretty difficult against the AI usually) and he also seemed to be a bit of foul magnet as well because of that, never had so many free kicks before!



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Ka-pi96 said:

Grats on getting Kroos, hope he does well for you! I've only played PES 2014 (free with PS+!) but never touched the myClub mode (don't even know if they had it back then), but does it include past players as well? Icons on PS4 was a big part of the reason I'm playing so much FUT this year actually

Not sure about passing stats not meaning shit in FIFA though, only got 1 game in with Sigurdsoon before he got injured (typical ), but his insanely high passing stats did look like they made a difference. His dribbling stats meant a lot as well despite his slow speed. Was able to dribble round players quite often (which is something I find pretty difficult against the AI usually) and he also seemed to be a bit of foul magnet as well because of that, never had so many free kicks before!

Yup myClub has legends too, I got Diego Maradona for pre-ordering but it's just a 84 rated version. Good thing about myClub is your players improve when you play or train them.  Maybe my Maradona will find his form one day heh. And I hope I'm lucky enough to spin David Beckham when he's available, I've been saving all my in game money for it.

It's cool that playstation gamers can now enjoy legends too. I've had Bergkamp and Litmanen for the past two years and tried some other affordable ones. Of course the best legends are nearly impossible to get unless you spend all your time trading or spend a fortune on packs. God knows how many packs I've opened over the years and the only legend I've packed was Frank de Boer. And if they go over the top with all those stupid special cards like they did last year, soon players like Davy Klaassen will be better than Litmanen :P

Maybe they have improved the gameplay now and passing stats actually matter. That would be great! When playing online stats like dribbling & ball control tend to be inconsistent. I guess it's lag or something but sometimes my Bergkamp couldn't control a simple ground pass or dribble past anyone without knocking the ball to the opponent and sometimes he just flew past defenders.

Argh, all this FUT talk makes me want to play Fifa again..



KiigelHeart said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Grats on getting Kroos, hope he does well for you! I've only played PES 2014 (free with PS+!) but never touched the myClub mode (don't even know if they had it back then), but does it include past players as well? Icons on PS4 was a big part of the reason I'm playing so much FUT this year actually

Not sure about passing stats not meaning shit in FIFA though, only got 1 game in with Sigurdsoon before he got injured (typical ), but his insanely high passing stats did look like they made a difference. His dribbling stats meant a lot as well despite his slow speed. Was able to dribble round players quite often (which is something I find pretty difficult against the AI usually) and he also seemed to be a bit of foul magnet as well because of that, never had so many free kicks before!

Yup myClub has legends too, I got Diego Maradona for pre-ordering but it's just a 84 rated version. Good thing about myClub is your players improve when you play or train them.  Maybe my Maradona will find his form one day heh. And I hope I'm lucky enough to spin David Beckham when he's available, I've been saving all my in game money for it.

It's cool that playstation gamers can now enjoy legends too. I've had Bergkamp and Litmanen for the past two years and tried some other affordable ones. Of course the best legends are nearly impossible to get unless you spend all your time trading or spend a fortune on packs. God knows how many packs I've opened over the years and the only legend I've packed was Frank de Boer. And if they go over the top with all those stupid special cards like they did last year, soon players like Davy Klaassen will be better than Litmanen :P

Maybe they have improved the gameplay now and passing stats actually matter. That would be great! When playing online stats like dribbling & ball control tend to be inconsistent. I guess it's lag or something but sometimes my Bergkamp couldn't control a simple ground pass or dribble past anyone without knocking the ball to the opponent and sometimes he just flew past defenders.

Argh, all this FUT talk makes me want to play Fifa again..

hmm, I'll have to look in to who PES has. I'm actually kind of disappointed with FIFA's icons. Some like Pele, Maradona, Ronaldinho etc are awesome. I really want the prime versions of Henry and Vieira when they become available as well. Vieira at least may be possible (shouldn't be too expensive seeing as he's not a forward). But where are players like Keane, Giggs, Zidane, Totti, Davids (should be in the game just for his awesome goggles!), Figo & many many more. Would love to see Cryuff as well for another absolutely world class player. Unfortunately he's publicly criticised FIFA in the past so the chances of him giving permission to appear in the game seem very slim.

Oh, and yes... you should play FIFA again



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702