By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 To Feature Full Discrete GPU Not APU [RUMOUR]

Exclusive: In the hustle and bustle of Computex, I had an interesting conversation with someone who will remain anonymous, about Sony's next-gen PlayStation

"After I had found out what this person did, I had a few questions to ask about the PS5 and what it will arrive as - especially when we look at Microsoft's upcoming Project Scorpio console. The first question I had was "will it feature a discrete GPU" to which I received a smile and a "I can't say exactly", and then I said would it feature an APU like Project Scorpio, and then there was a "no"."

Let's think of the possibilities: PS5 runs a Vega-based graphics card that we've been hearing about in the GTX 1070 level performance range, with an 8-core Ryzen-based CPU. Sony could push for a more expensive console experience, while providing better than Project Scorpio performance

"Another question I asked was when will Sony release the PlayStation 5, and my anonymous source said "definitely not in 2018", but wouldn't confirm a 2019 release."


Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/57845/playstation-5-feature-full-discrete-gpu-apu/index.html



 

The PS5 Exists. 


Around the Network

Was gonna say "haven't we heard this rumour before?" then saw "Posted: Jun 3, 2017" on the article.

Dood, you're not even slightly late, that's crazy late



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

I cant wait to see what kind of rumors come out leading up to the PS5 release though.



 

Ka-pi96 said:
Was gonna say "haven't we heard this rumour before?" then saw "Posted: Jun 3, 2017" on the article.

Dood, you're not even slightly late, that's crazy late

Blame GAF! It was just posted there ...



 

The PS5 Exists. 


I want another 599 US dollars moment when announcing the PS5.



Around the Network
OTBWY said:
Since Sony is imo at peak arrogance, I want another 599 US dollars moment when announcing the PS5.

They should announce a 399 US Dollar system and a 599 US dollar system at launch.



Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

But why would they? That makes no sense.



Qwark said:
OTBWY said:
Since Sony is imo at peak arrogance, I want another 599 US dollars moment when announcing the PS5.

They should announce a 399 US Dollar system and a 599 US dollar system at launch.

Would rather prefer a 399$ PS5 and 799$ Playstation Ultimate (without number) or something but they need to market it as a distinct entity only for the most demanding gamers because I think that a mid-gen at the start of a generation would upset many people.



OTBWY said:

I want another 599 US dollars moment when announcing the PS5.

"Stages of the game will also be based on famous battles, which actually took place in acient Japan."

"...So here's this giant enemy crab."



Shaunodon said:
OTBWY said:

I want another 599 US dollars moment when announcing the PS5.

"Stages of the game will also be based on famous battles, which actually took place in acient Japan."

"...So here's this giant enemy crab."

It's Ridge Racer!